TyrePal TPMS Safety System For Tyres 20% Discount Code For Funsters (2 Viewers)

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Feedback as I said I would. I sent TyrePal an email yesterday explaining the issues I was experiencing with the device.

I received a very comprehensive reply from Greg Taylor of TyrePal this afternoon. Greg has gone into a lot of detail on our their devices work and advised me of the correct parameters that I should be using when setting up the device. I will have a go at these tomorrow and hopefully this will resolve the matter.

Restores ones faith in customer service. More than exceeded my expectations.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Feedback as I said I would. I sent TyrePal an email yesterday explaining the issues I was experiencing with the device.

I received a very comprehensive reply from Greg Taylor of TyrePal this afternoon. Greg has gone into a lot of detail on our their devices work and advised me of the correct parameters that I should be using when setting up the device. I will have a go at these tomorrow and hopefully this will resolve the matter.

Thank you for the feedback - good to hear that you had a positive experience & hope it all goes well tomorrow (y)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie

You were adjusting the temps to stop an alarm going off..
Did you have to get a replacement or adjust setup parameters?
TIA

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
You were adjusting the temps to stop an alarm going off..
Did you have to get a replacement or adjust setup parameters?
TIA
Hi Kevenh. I haven't done so yet, but will be resetting the parameters tomorrow.

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
I've tried out my Tyrepal system for the first time since installing it. I left tyre temps at the default setting of 70 deg and they only increased in temp by about 12 deg over a mix of motorway and twisty A roads. 300 miles journey in total. I thought initial cold (18 deg) pressure readings seemed to be about 4psi higher on all tyres compared with my calibrated pressure guage. Not sure if this variation is to be expected. My tyres run at 60psi front and 65psi rear.
After initial installation I fully unscrewed each sensor in turn from each tyre valve to check whether the system alarmed due to sensing the pressure drop. 3 of them alarmed quickly and in a similar time frame however the 4th one, installed at rear nearside, took a lot longer to alarm. The control unit is mounted on the dashboard so rear wheels are a similar distance away so not sure why there is several seconds difference in the rear wheel alarm times.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Just ordered using the code MFRVOC20TP worked perfectly, thanks.
Mark
It also worked fine for me this week in just getting one sensor. The original sensor had seized up on valve so had to get the valve replaced. Garage says this happens a lot and told me to put a bit of vaseline on the valve stock first.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Bought one recently, and the discount code still worked :giggle:. Had an extra sensor for the spare wheel which went off one day with an overpressure alarm. The spare was inflated to 72psi and the alarm was still set at the default of 75psi. The sun shone on it, mounted on the towbar, and the pressure went up to 76psi and the alarm went off. A good test. Now reset to 80psi. I hadn't thought the spare might go over pressure, but it did.

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Tried using MFRVOC20TP code for colour monitor only....code does not work.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
********************************************************************************************************
"Show" prices on TyrePal website until 18 October (normally twice a year around the time of the NEC Motorhome Shows) - please note that no discount codes work with these reduced prices.
TyrePal Solar with 4 sensors £79.95 delivered & set with 5 (one for spare wheel) £98.95 delivered (y) Similar reductions on TC215 & across their other items https://www.tyrepal.co.uk/shop/ too so some potential big savings if planning to buy :)

**********************************************************************************************************

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sale now over but can still use our Fun & RVOC discount code MFRVOC20TP for 20% discount :smiley:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I agree webby1 those rubber seals are a pain to remove & get back in place. I was wondering how they would fair after being on a while, especially if they would perish.
I dont have any skinny bike inner tubes in stock, but I like your idea, must have a think on what is available as I guess Tyrepal dont sell them separately, or maybe they do?, time will tell on that one.
Best wishes.
LES

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
I agree webby1 those rubber seals are a pain to remove & get back in place. I was wondering how they would fair after being on a while, especially if they would perish.
I dont have any skinny bike inner tubes in stock, but I like your idea, must have a think on what is available as I guess Tyrepal dont sell them separately, or maybe they do?, time will tell on that one.
Best wishes.
LES
One of mine had seized on the valve so had to ditch it, get a new one and now to program it.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For info. the base unit on the new Solar Colour Pro 4 is 10.5cm x 7cm x 3cm in case that is helpful to anyone.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE:
The new model is now in stock https://www.tyrepal.co.uk/product/kit-brand-new-solar-colour-pro-monitor-4-tcso-sensors/ & good news *** TyrePal have kindly agreed to extend our Fun & RVOC 20% discount code MFRVOC20TP until the end of this year (y) ***

The discount code applies to TPMS & extra sensors so includes the new Solar Colour Pro +4/ +5/ +6 / +7 external TCSO, Solar Colour Pro +4 internal sensors, the TC215 +2/ +4/ +6 / +8 external TCSO kits.
The Smart Signal Repeater and spares are not included in this discount offer.

Last edited:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
UPDATE:
The new model is now in stock https://www.tyrepal.co.uk/product/kit-brand-new-solar-colour-pro-monitor-4-tcso-sensors/ & good news *** TyrePal have kindly agreed to extend our Fun & RVOC 20% discount code MFRVOC20TP until the end of this year (y) ***

The discount code applies to TPMS & extra sensors so includes the new Solar Colour Pro +4/ +5/ +6 / +7 external TCSO, Solar Colour Pro +4 internal sensors, the TC215 +2/ +4/ +6 / +8 external TCSO kits.
The Smart Signal Repeater and spares are not included in this discount offer.
Nice disount again. Womble.
Thanks.
The larger display on the unit could be handy.
Haven't - yet - had a problem with the rate the old solar panel charged the unit though.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Just took delivery of a Solar Colour Pro.......£93.96 inc P&P (using Funster Discount Code). (y)

Replacement batteries are expensive at £2.22 each. However, got 5 of the same make for £1.99 (including P&P) from Amazon.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Had chance to try out the Tyrepal last weekend. Does waht it says on the tin, but find the display quite dim? I can hardly read mine in bright sunlight and cant see a way to alter it.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Rang a bell so a look on MHF for “dim tyrepal” dredged up comments about the battery needing a full charge.

or a duff one
🤔

Have you tried a full charge?

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Had chance to try out the Tyrepal last weekend. Does waht it says on the tin, but find the display quite dim? I can hardly read mine in bright sunlight and cant see a way to alter it.

Haven’t fitted mine yet as I haven’t decided on what tyres pressures I’m going to settle with.

I have three figures......Van Sticker, Van Converters recommendations and Tyre Manufacturers recommendations. 🤷‍♂️

I’ll probably settle for something between the Converters figures and the Manufacturers figures.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Rang a bell so a look on MHF for “dim tyrepal” dredged up comments about the battery needing a full charge.

or a duff one
🤔

Have you tried a full charge?
Been on charge all day, the display is still pretty dim. I have dropped TyrePal an email to ask if there is a way to improve the brightness.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back