Tyrepal System (1 Viewer)

Silver1200

Free Member
Aug 21, 2018
Funster No
Hi guys, Anyone got any views on this tyre monitoring system ?
Regards Mike..

Ismbardbrunel

Free Member
Feb 21, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Rapido 963F
Exp
Off and on for a few yrs
Bought my tyrepal as soon as i bought my van in may, if i'm belting along a motorway and have a slow puncture, i'd like to know about it before near totally flat, a new tyre on another rim, got to be 100 quid there, pays for itself straight away in my eyes, even more so with an alloy instead...plus peace of mind....

Upvote 0

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi - if you search on here you will see lots of positive reviews as it's an excellent safety product & makes checking tyre pressures & especially the spare tyre easy :xThumb: We have manufacturer standard TPMS on our car & motorhome & still have bought & fitted TyrePal as well for earlier warning & more feedback. Using discount code camcsol18 is currently taking £20 off the Solar 4 so down to £83.95 delivered on their website https://www.tyrepal.co.uk/product/solar-colour/ - may work for the other versions too & don't forget to add an extra sensor if you need one for the spare tyre.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Put them on the van and trailer but not had any punctures yet to see how effective they are. Did have puncture seal in the tyres but had to have it removed to fit the sensors. Surprised to see how much the pressures increase when they warm up so the advice to set the pressures when the tyres are cold is real.

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
They seem to be a good idea as I rarely know what my tyres are doing. I did have a flat (overnight) a couple of years ago but did not need any gadget to tell me. The wine spilling over the side of the glass was enough information.

Upvote 0

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
They seem to be a good idea as I rarely know what my tyres are doing. I did have a flat (overnight) a couple of years ago but did not need any gadget to tell me. The wine spilling over the side of the glass was enough information.
Found that as well - even if you don't have a flat keeping the wine goes flat is a challenge at 70.

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Difficult to read the LCD display on newer model and a faff to remove sensors, to re-inflate.
When something goes wrong, you'll hear the thing OK and see the flashing display. Good for peace of mind.

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi - if you search on here you will see lots of positive reviews as it's an excellent safety product & makes checking tyre pressures & especially the spare tyre easy :xThumb: We have manufacturer standard TPMS on our car & motorhome & still have bought & fitted TyrePal as well for earlier warning & more feedback. Using discount code camcsol18 is currently taking £20 off the Solar 4 so down to £83.95 delivered on their website https://www.tyrepal.co.uk/product/solar-colour/ - may work for the other versions too & don't forget to add an extra sensor if you need one for the spare tyre.

That's great info Karen :xThumb:, we've just ordered one and thanks to your email we only paid £83.95

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Great bit of kit for peace of mind, rough bit of road ? steering pulling on camber ?
No problem you know you haven’t got a flat you would have been warned, plus a constant pressure read out .

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We have the pre-solar version, bought about 5 or 6 years ago. Very pleased with the kit and easily swapped it to the new van. The previous van didn't have a spare, so provided a bit more peace of mind.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Silver1200

Silver1200

Free Member
Aug 21, 2018
Funster No
Thanks guys for your help with this
Also what 12v compressor is worth having for
Motorhome Tyre inflation ?

Upvote 0

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Thanks guys for your help with this
Also what 12v compressor is worth having for
Motorhome Tyre inflation ?
Those 12v compressors struggle with the higher pressures on motorhomes tyres and take a fair amount of battery voltage double barrel footpump will do it quicker and probably easier for some

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have a system built in but very useful, even hearing a stone in your tyre, one glance on the move and you know it is not a nail or screw deflating your tyre.

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Mine frequently does not pick up random tyres from the six it has to choose from. I use it and when it works it is good, but very frustrating on occasion

Upvote 0

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Be better to buy something like this to pump you tyres but you can use it for other things and fairly compact if you have 240v or an inverter available

Wolf Baby Cub 6L Air Compressor 116psi 6.3cfm 1.5HP

Reference: ME6765904

Out of stock

£54.95

Delivery from £6.98

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I just ordered these brand new in the box and not at this price with 8 monitors, I have 6 wheels. awaiting it to arrive.

@mfw does that come with a tyre inflater tool?

Upvote 0

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Here you reasonably cheap and cheerful if you want more bits £22 delivered
  • 610m5xc3o3L._SX522_.jpg
Roll over image to zoom in

Silverline

Link Removed
| Link Removed

RRP: £37.98
Price: £21.81 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Pumping 4 tyres up to 60+ psi with a foot pump is a horrendous experience, so I bought one of these.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/143030961817

Very quiet, and does the job with ease (y)
Perfect for the job, inflates the tyres effortlessly. I store ours under the bed so it does not disturb our neighbours if I have to blow the tyres up during the night.

Upvote 0

bob cottam

Free Member
Jun 28, 2018
Funster No
I bought my tyre monitoring kit off Fleabay for about £33 couple of months ago. I had studied many that were available, including those at £99 or thereabouts, and I came to the conclusion that they are all pretty much the same and probably from the same factory....£99?-think "marketing".... The kit came through the post, it looks excellent to me, and has been working absolutely fine so far. My only criticism was the instructions were printed so small as to need a magnifying glass to read, and I found programming a little bit of a faff- but then I`m hopeless at electronic button pressing anyway!! -its probably easy for most. It seems very accurate ( I have cross referenced the pressures with a separate gauge) and is a very reassuring presence on the dash. It monitors the pressures very well, and temps. also. You soon get the feel for how the readings will increase as the tyres warm up, weather influence, speed etc all seem to play a part in small fluctuations.
In summary, perhaps the best bit of safety kit ever... I think fitment should be considered as a "no brainer", as I am confident that any issue with a tyre would show up very quickly, and remedial action could be taken in good time. In case you are wondering, no, I have no commercial or personal interest in these things at all, I am simply an impressed and satisfied customer, Bob C

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Difficult to read the LCD display on newer model and a faff to remove sensors, to re-inflate.
When something goes wrong, you'll hear the thing OK and see the flashing display. Good for peace of mind.
Do people bother locking the sensors - makes it easier to get access to inflate tyres if you don't (and a lot easier if they get nicked)

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
Use tyre pal on motorhome and my work van, the new ones have a rubber boot and lock with a nut behind, musch better then the older version that locks with an allen key bolt. Would not be without them now, as they have saved me a couple of times on slow flats/ punctures. I would recomend though if you ever need to get the the tyres changed to remove them prior to going to a garage as i had winter tyres fitted once and they threw them away and put new valves on

Upvote 0

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Just after getting my MH going down to vanbitz I got hit by, what looked by the Mark's, a large bit of tyre.
This caused the van to lurch sideways and broke a bit of plastic skirt off.
As was on the motorway was worried that it was a blowout, eventually turned off the motorway to inspect what had happened, found the damage and marks but tyres ok.
Thought then that I would get a tyrepal so would never have any tyre pressures worry again.
Got one at NEC.
Fitted it and it didn't work, phoned up the company they were helpfull starting with the basics of putting batteries in etc.
Nothing would fix it so they said send it back and emailed me a return label.
Putting it away removed the batteries found I had put them in wrong way round.
Refitted it and surprising it worked.
Called tyrepal to thank them for their help and apologise for my stupidity.
They said no problem.
Superb after sales service.
Views of the system.
Fitted it on passengers side.
Works very well and good indication of tyre pressure and temp, also alerts for over/under pressure and over temp.
Initially did not set the alarm for over pressure high enough by .1bar so one went off on initial drive. Adjusted up a bit now good.
Now easy to check pressure each drive checking pressures and differences between tyres.
Excellent bit of kit worth getting for safety and ease of checking tyre pressures.

Upvote 0
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Used Tyrepal for my caravan. Liked it, but you have to set very wide 'hot' and 'psi' parameters, or it will drive you mad.

For instance, my Bailey Cadiz had a cold pressure of about 58. Which is fine, but when you are doing 60 across Northern Italy in heat of 36-38, those tyres will soon have a PSI of over 70, which sets the unit bleeping until you increase the safety parameters. Also the heat of the tyres surprises you. Expect those tyres to get extremely hot.

What was good about them is the range. No problem with a sensor-to-monitor distance of about 9 metres.

Takes a while to get the unit to find the sensors when you start up, but the biggest bug bear is that the sensors are not very robust and two have stopped working. And at >£30 a pop, that's pricey. Tyrepal don't service broken sensors because they just want you to buy new ones.

Still not sure whether I will be using them for the Rimor AND the little car trailer, so am watching this thread with interest. What other options are there?

Upvote 0
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Do people bother locking the sensors - makes it easier to get access to inflate tyres if you don't (and a lot easier if they get nicked)

I used to. But that 1 nanometer Allen key is fiddly and annoying. So I stopped. I also figured that if someone was walking past and they saw my sensors, and fancied nicking one, then they obviously knew what they were for. If they knew what they were looking for, then they probably had a 1 nanometer Allen key on them anyway.

Haven't lost any.

Upvote 0

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
I have a set of 4, but as I tow a toad a fair bit, I wish I had bought a set of 8.

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Used Tyrepal for my caravan. Liked it, but you have to set very wide 'hot' and 'psi' parameters, or it will drive you mad.

For instance, my Bailey Cadiz had a cold pressure of about 58. Which is fine, but when you are doing 60 across Northern Italy in heat of 36-38, those tyres will soon have a PSI of over 70, which sets the unit bleeping until you increase the safety parameters. Also the heat of the tyres surprises you. Expect those tyres to get extremely hot.

What was good about them is the range. No problem with a sensor-to-monitor distance of about 9 metres.

Takes a while to get the unit to find the sensors when you start up, but the biggest bug bear is that the sensors are not very robust and two have stopped working. And at >£30 a pop, that's pricey. Tyrepal don't service broken sensors because they just want you to buy new ones.

Still not sure whether I will be using them for the Rimor AND the little car trailer, so am watching this thread with interest. What other options are there?

I set my parameters to the percentages on the instructions and no problem of alarms so far.

Upvote 0

bob cottam

Free Member
Jun 28, 2018
Funster No

Hi DDJC, so far no problems for me, but as to options, rather than pay £30+ for a sensor, why not buy a full kit off Fleabay- they are down a low as £22!!- at that price surely worth a look, and you would be able to physically compare the "cheapo" version to your Tyrepal one. I`m convinced they are all the same...Bob C

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back