tyre savers (1 Viewer)

scamp

Free Member
Aug 7, 2009
Funster No
Tyre Savers, has anyone used them? This is my first winter with the van and would appreciate any info on how best to winterise it. I have a Lunar Newstar. I hope to use it occasionally through the winter but would like any help and advice you can give me.:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
never use 'em but im sure they do the job.

saying that, theres no substitute for a short drive once a fortnight to keep all the components of the van moving and lubricated.

stood over winter your brake discs/drums are going to rust, exhaust will collect moisture and start to rust from the inside, clutch plate will stick to the flywheel, engine oil will settle out of the bearings and if the handbrake is left on (it shouldnt be left on) then the shoes will stick to the drums etc.

OP
OP
S

scamp

Free Member
Aug 7, 2009
Funster No
never use 'em but im sure they do the job.

saying that, theres no substitute for a short drive once a fortnight to keep all the components of the van moving and lubricated.

stood over winter your brake discs/drums are going to rust, exhaust will collect moisture and start to rust from the inside, clutch plate will stick to the flywheel, engine oil will settle out of the bearings and if the handbrake is left on (it shouldnt be left on) then the shoes will stick to the drums etc.
Thanks for that, very useful info, I will have to get into the habit of taking it for a run every fortnight but as I say I am hoping to still use it in the winter.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Winterisation

A screen cover is a must in this country. Read the thread "Winterising" which is just going around on the forum for good tips

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back