Tyre Savers (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Bought 4 of these and tags that you attached so you run on them before wheels go up and drop into tyre savers , our m/h goes on the savers easily but, I have difficulty in getting the m/h off the 4 savers ( ours is a Fiat front wheel drive), if someone has had this problem and could advise me if they have a remedy on how to get off the savers avoiding the drive wheels from skidding I would appreciate it. Apart from that it's a great idea to stop tyres having flat spots when parked up for weeks.

Tony A

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
something seems to be missing from your post :)

st

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I think the OP is talking about these.

upload_2017-12-1_17-11-41.png

OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Thanks ccc (Paul Yvette) they are the Fiamma Tyre savers I bought , as I am not capable of photographing or putting the on here I really appreciate your help thanks again I would say that trying to get off these with a 4 and halt tonne vehicle creates skidding and melted the front 2 Tyre Savers

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
I would keep the tyresavers and buy a mercedes!

Cheers, Dave(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks ccc (Paul Yvette) they are the Fiamma Tyre savers I bought , as I am not capable of photographing or putting the on here I really appreciate your help thanks again I would say that trying to get off these with a 4 and halt tonne vehicle creates skidding and melted the front 2 Tyre Savers
Also would have done your tyres more harm than not useing these things.

OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
I would keep the tyresavers and buy a mercedes!

Cheers, Dave(y)
Had 2 Rapido A classes on Mercs. 3litre proper Automatics , great can't say £7K to £9000 more than Fiat is worth it in in my mind, I must say however the Mercs were very nice and being an Ex. commercial and Car garage owner who has said in the past I wouldn't buy a Fiat, and now owning one due to the Make and model I have no complaints, as for tyre damage by chaser without luck can't see why damage would have occurred, (slightly melted savers I should have said. Gimmick I disagree as Weston and blunt said (joke)

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
But it's a bad job if you can't drive off them , as said total waste of money.
Cheers, Dave(y)

OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
davejen that's why I posted here to see if anybody has or do use them if they have an answer to my problem, as regards to a waste of money sanding tyres does create a flat spot over a short time and more importantly this creates a chemical change / memory, if you don't believe me contact a Tyre manufactures (not a tyre dealer) I have bought thousands of tyres a met maunufactures and retreaders so I know a little about the subject

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
davejen that's why I posted here to see if anybody has or do use them if they have an answer to my problem, as regards to a waste of money sanding tyres does create a flat spot over a short time and more importantly this creates a chemical change / memory, if you don't believe me contact a Tyre manufactures (not a tyre dealer) I have bought thousands of tyres a met maunufactures and retreaders so I know a little about the subject
Even so , if you want to help your tyres, far better to jack it up and put it on axel stands.

OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Even so , if you want to help your tyres, far better to jack it up and put it on axel stands.

Maybe ! could also take out the clutch centre plate to stop in infrequent circumstances sticking to the flywheel and pressure plate so I can't engage a gear , I always look for an easy practical solution if they don't work I will throw them

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I would suggest jacking the motorhome up a little and pulling the tyre saver out.

I’m interested in your view of ride comparison between Mercedes and Fiat. I have only ever had Fiat based vans and understand that Mercs are softer sprung but as a result suffer from body roll - would you agree?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

So, most of the new cars/vans standing around on storage car parks for 6 months+ are all sold to customers with knackered tyres then....(n)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Drive past any major port in the UK and you'll see acres and acres of brand new cars parked up. When you buy a new car, it's likely to have been stood outside in the cold and rain for months.

Have you ever heard of a Ferrari or Veyron owner moaning about tyres ? Their tyres cost more than my van.

OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Apart from help from Paul and Yvette (ccc) about 14 other posts did not help my request some of you are pretty sad

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Apart from help from Paul and Yvette (ccc) about 14 other posts did not help my request some of you are pretty sad
Please don't insult us. We didn't insult you !

OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Please don't insult us. We didn't insult you !
Insult you if you could have helped instead of making unhelpful comments such as throw them away , buy a Merc. waste of money I would not have made that comment, after attending one of your rallies I should have expected these comments perhaps. I found a lot on the rally genuine good people but some beyond belief so don't lecture me Sonny

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Insult you if you could have helped instead of making unhelpful comments such as throw them away , buy a Merc. waste of money I would not have made that comment, after attending one of your rallies I should have expected these comments perhaps. I found a lot on the rally genuine good people but some beyond belief so don't lecture me Sonny
kcs_996ba1ee.png

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Shouldn't worry mate , don't think you will get any more posters trying to help.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Getting defensive because you feel you may have made the wrong choice in your decision to waste money on gimmicks and asking for conformation from the good people of this forum just goes to show, you were right....(y)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back