Tyre repair liguid-NO NO NO (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Have just signwritten a couple of vans for a local tyre company a very intesting few facts emerged during our conversation about lack of spare wheels.
According to a letter received by the company they are not insured to repair ANY tyre or remove the tyre from the rim if a liquid repair has been carried out. It has been classed as a hazardous substance and could cause very severe problems if exposed to any quantities.
The puncture preventative is ok to handle.
A gentlemen who arrived with his 7 week old car was not amused when he was told a new wheel and tyre would be required, lots of £££.
As with most cost saving exercises problems develope later and the fact we are buying vehicles without spare wheels is totally INSANE to say the least. I have just walked away from a nearly new car deal because of a lack of spare wheel. How anyone can even think of using a motorhome without a spare is madness.
Time will tell and probably in a few months these liquid bombs will be classed as dangerous to health.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Have just signwritten a couple of vans for a local tyre company a very intesting few facts emerged during our conversation about lack of spare wheels.
According to a letter received by the company they are not insured to repair ANY tyre or remove the tyre from the rim if a liquid repair has been carried out. It has been classed as a hazardous substance and could cause very severe problems if exposed to any quantities.
The puncture preventative is ok to handle.
A gentlemen who arrived with his 7 week old car was not amused when he was told a new wheel and tyre would be required, lots of £££.
As with most cost saving exercises problems develope later and the fact we are buying vehicles without spare wheels is totally INSANE to say the least. I have just walked away from a nearly new car deal because of a lack of spare wheel. How anyone can even think of using a motorhome without a spare is madness.
Time will tell and probably in a few months these liquid bombs will be classed as dangerous to health.
i had a treatment injected in each wheel at long Marsdon last year
it seams to work and a puncture is dangerous when moving as 50mph

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I must stress the problem is with the liquid supplied as part of a repair kit by the manufacturers instead of a spare wheel.
Puncture preventative liquid is NOT an issue, at the moment that is

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Liquid puncture repair is only of any use if you are fortunate enough to discover the puncture while stationary.
If you get a puncture on the move it is likely that the tyre will leave the rim and cannot then be inflated.
It s a very poor substitute and as already said it is madness to travel without a complete spare wheel.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I must stress the problem is with the liquid supplied as part of a repair kit by the manufacturers instead of a spare wheel.
Puncture preventative liquid is NOT an issue, at the moment that is

I have used the preventative stuff in implement tyres and barrows and stuff for years and can say I have never had them go flat with thorns and that until they just disintegrate with age, good for lawn mower tractors as well but I would not put it in road going tyres , could give you a false sense of security and as you have said tyre places have never liked working with it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back