Tyre Pumps which one do you use (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Do any of you use your own tyre pumps to inflate your motorhome tyres or do you only use garages, if you do use your own which ones do you find the best.

Its just that i have tried a foot pump and that was useless more air came out than went in and a similar situation happened the other day at a major fuel companies air system which we had to pay for, I don't think the pump was strong enough to inflate the tyre to 79psi.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be welcome and links to places to purchase.

Thank you

Braunston

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
There is only one that keeps coming up again and again. And that is Truck Air. Last time this question was asked I dont think that they were available in the UK though.

Andy

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I take my MH down to ATS, they are always happy to do the tyre pressures for me FOC. They tell me that the supermarket ones are not calllibrated. I have tried numerous inflators, only for them to burn out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alf

Free Member
Apr 7, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Tyre Pumps

I bought a 240v 2hp electric compressor with a good preessure gauge a air blow gun for cleaning and various other attachments from screwfix for £75 they were on special offer this beats the 12v units. Machine Mart and B & Q also have these on offer at times

Alf

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

as Andy mentioned the Truck Air was popular but now no longer sold in the UK .. apparently a few blew themselves up rather than tyres :roflmto:

Looking on some 4x4 forums this model gets mentioned quite a bit , looks good and inflates up to 140psi

RING RAC700 12v 4x4 Tyre Air Compressor

Link Removed

Do a Google, quite a few suppliers

hth

Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Thanks everyone,

I did try the search before posting but obviously didn't use the correct words, still i found some of the old threads and some other links and have decided to try the ITC12-132 which is supposedly suitable for motorhomes etc, i will let you know how I get on with when it arrives, thanks for all your help

Car, RV/Truck Air Compressor 300 PSI [ITC12-132] - £29.75 : Tool Storage Tool boxes International Tool Company

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I bought One Like This from Homebase earlier this year. It was Homebase branded rather than RAC and a bit cheaper than the one shown.

It's an analogue gauge, which isn't all that accurate. However, it was easy to set the stop, by using a digital gauge to check the first tyre after inflating, and the stop doesn't move easily so stays set up between uses.

Graham

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
tyre inflation

hi
i bought a challenge one from argos (not the cheap one) it copes easily and inflated my previous vans tyres up to 80psi and my present van up to 70psi.
it's a great peice of kit wouldn't be without it.
:ROFLMAO::roflmto:::bigsmile:

Wall-E

Free Member
Jan 21, 2009
Funster No
Hi,
Aldi, Sunday 12TH July 09. Double cylinder foot pump Max pressure 9Bar. £4-99, or,
Multi-purpose Air pump 9.6 Volt, rechargeable battery. Air flow 7 litres per minute Max pressure 100PSI .
W-E.

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
tried several they were either useless [ring ones] or they worked but could not reach the rear tyres.

now use sainsburys their pump gives the same readings as my guage.

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Pumping tyres up

4 rear tyres needing 65 and two front 48 psi. Used to use the local Texaco but they've gone digital for 50p or £1, can't remember, but it only goes up to 50 psi the old one used to go past 65 no problem. Now I have to do it by foot pump, very tedious. Now my quages have all packed up and while looking for a new one found they were only accurate to +/- 2 psi no better than my double barrelled foot pump guage. :Mad: Anyone recommend a good accurate tyre pressure guage?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Aldi special..£80...240v 2hp motor...max pressure 80psi..20 ltr receiver tank.
does all 4 tyres to 65psi with no effort and the air impact gun to remove the wheel nuts.
good for spraying shampoo/fenwicks cleaner on m/h before washing.

and for the pneumatic nail gun when bits fall off:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

alf

Free Member
Apr 7, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
tyre inflation

About 4 years ago I bought from our local Snap on Tools dealer a Blue Point DigitalTire Gauge kit TG7Kt this reads 0 to 150 PSI/ BAR/ KPa it is auto off so you save battery and auto zero each time you use it

it is a 2in digital perssure gauge with a 10in rubber pigtail and in the kit there are4 snap in ends to suit all tyre valve positions there is also a manual pencil tyre gauge and a tread depth gauge the kit wheh I bought it was £26 I suppose more now but with the snap on quality .After tying Halfords and other various gauges I gave up on forecourt gauges correct pressures save tyres so save money gives better ride and peace of mind, this with a cheap mains comppresor lets you adjust pressures and your conveiniance plus you can check the spare tyre when you need to.
Regards
Alf

Manouche

Free Member
Feb 5, 2009
Southsea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
I'm still using the one I got free with "Tiger Tokens" !!!, ....and the torch still works::bigsmile:

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I ordered it yesterday around 1pm and i have just received it, that's good service,

I have just tried it on one of my tyres and it showed just below 60 psi i pumped it up to 75 psi in 5 Min's, I don't know if that is good or bad but it seems fine to me, the tyre size is 215/75/16 so a reasonable sized tyre.

Thanks everyone,

I did try the search before posting but obviously didn't use the correct words, still i found some of the old threads and some other links and have decided to try the ITC12-132 which is supposedly suitable for motorhomes etc, i will let you know how I get on with when it arrives, thanks for all your help

Car, RV/Truck Air Compressor 300 PSI [ITC12-132] - £29.75 : Tool Storage Tool boxes International Tool Company

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Tyre pressure gauge

Not wishing to throw my (Dads') old tyre pressure gauge away, I thought I'd take it apart before buying a new one. It was probably made in the 50s or 60s and was letting air past the seal. A little bit of grease on the leather (?) seal and 20 minutes later it works fine again. It seems to be accurate but obviously I will check its calibration.

Made in England by Pneumatic Components Ltd Sheffield and made to last it seems. :thumb:

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

I bought this one a couple of months ago but as yet haven't needed to use it::bigsmile: looks a good bit of kit though, it runs via croc clips directly off the battery and it's got a seven metre coiled hose, so should reach most tyres.

Link Removed

steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back