Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi all,

as the Kon-Tiki (Connie) is still with us (decided to keep her in the family - also) :Blush: I am experimenting with tyre pressures.
I have no info on the old girl as regards pressures, though there is a hand scrawled 'F - 55psi R - 55psi' in the glove compartment. I am not too sure about these pressures, I would imagine the rear would be higher. The van has no real tyre wear issues though there is a little body roll on bends, but I would expect some of this due to height, kit etc.
Anyone able to shine some light on this - recommendations, experience or you have had the same model????
Its a Talbot 2.5TD Swift Kon-Tiki 640/6 1991.

Many fanks in advance for information passed on.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
you really need axle weights and email tyre manufacturer they will tell you but 55 psi seems a tad low :Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi all,

as the Kon-Tiki (Connie) is still with us (decided to keep her in the family - also) :Blush: I am experimenting with tyre pressures.
I have no info on the old girl as regards pressures, though there is a hand scrawled 'F - 55psi R - 55psi' in the glove compartment. I am not too sure about these pressures, I would imagine the rear would be higher. The van has no real tyre wear issues though there is a little body roll on bends, but I would expect some of this due to height, kit etc.
Anyone able to shine some light on this - recommendations, experience or you have had the same model????
Its a Talbot 2.5TD Swift Kon-Tiki 640/6 1991.

Many fanks in advance for information passed on.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:
same as our first kontiki but we had a Fiat base..

Front 52psi
Rear 64 psi.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back