Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Chester. UK
Funster No
MH
VW Komet camper
Exp
Spring 09
Hello again all, just got the van out of storage, off to France for six weeks on Sept 4th. Cant find the card with tyre pressures on it, its a 1991 hymer B544. any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Bill and Tilly. Nearly forgot, air suspension as well please.

UncleNorm

Free Member
Jan 10, 2012
NE Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
coach-built
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Tilly! A serious question needs a serious answer...

How old are the tyres on your 1991 base? If they're over 5 years old, they need changing. I've just put Toyo HO9s on mine, they're a Mud & Snow Winter tyre, bought from...

http://tinyurl.com/bwosy72

In November, I did the front at £135 each, plus £10 each fitting locally. Last month, I got a pleasant surprise when I saw they'd dropped to £85.

Pressures... there's only one way to do this properly. Down to the weighbridge with your motorhome in travel trim, ready to go. Once you've got your axle weights, send a message to the tyre manufacturer. With luck, they'll give you the answer. I did this with my previous continentals. The label on the chassis door pillar said 73psi front; 80psi rear. Continental said 47 psi front; 61psi rear. Now that's a huge difference. I know other folk have had the same sort of response.

There you go... just trying to be helpful. But I can't help with airride stuff, sorry. :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back