Feb 13, 2017
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
2007 N-B Arto 69 EGB
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi.

I just want to check I am inflating the tyres on my van to the right pressures.

It's a Niesmann-Bischoff Arto and the tyres are 225/75/16 Continental Vanco Campers.
The weight of the vehicle is 4 tonnes.

I'm pretty sure that I've read these should be inflated to 80psi but the tyre centre want to inflate to 55psi which I presume is what you do if you are installing them on the base vehicle (Ducato) before MH conversion.

Does anybody know what the correct inflation is for these?

Many thanks for your help

Andy

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Your best bet is to get the van weighed on a public weighbridge in holiday mode, i.e. fuel tank and fresh water full, food, clothes, people on board plus anything else you travel with. Contact Continental via their website with each axle weight and details of the tyres and they will get back to you with the recommended pressures. I was surprised at how low they suggested for the front tyres on mine but you can adjust them somewhat to make the ride more comfy.

OP
OP
A
Feb 13, 2017
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
2007 N-B Arto 69 EGB
Exp
I'm a newbie
Your best bet is to get the van weighed on a public weighbridge in holiday mode, i.e. fuel tank and fresh water full, food, clothes, people on board plus anything else you travel with. Contact Continental via their website with each axle weight and details of the tyres and they will get back to you with the recommended pressures. I was surprised at how low they suggested for the front tyres on mine but you can adjust them somewhat to make the ride more comfy.
Thanks for this.

I've got the axle weights and I've got the chart
Fully loaded our front axle weight is about 1780 and the rear (single axle) is 2260.
According to the chart that means the front should be inflated to 47psi and the rear to 72psi which seems like a massive difference.
Can that really be right?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for this.

I've got the axle weights and I've got the chart
Fully loaded our front axle weight is about 1780 and the rear (single axle) is 2260.
According to the chart that means the front should be inflated to 47psi and the rear to 72psi which seems like a massive difference.
Can that really be right?
You will be surprised by the difference in rear axle pressure and front axle pressures. Sounds about right..My rear at 2150Kg is 80psi and my front at 1820kg is 63 PSI but these are pressures advised by Michelin.

OP
OP
A
Feb 13, 2017
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
2007 N-B Arto 69 EGB
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Martin. I wondered how long it would be before I benefitted from your advice again!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin - are you looking at the same chart as me? See attached..

Cos I get 46 and 72. Is that what you meant?
Hi Andy

No different, will send a link when I get home onto laptop, its Continental publication.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back