Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Travelworld suggested I had my tyre pressures at 75psi all round (except the spare which after there pre delivery inspection was only 10psi:eek:) When I was at Duncan's Place he got some charts out along with tyre guides and worked out EXACTLY what my pressures were, after a bit of calculation he decided to put 80psi in all round. I asked if I would feel the difference and he said I definitely would but the ride might be harder.

Well those 5psi made the ride a tad harder, but the handling was just much better, it held a better line with less of the lifeboat in a storm imitations. Thanks Duncan, it was a good tip that has probably saved me a bit of fuel as well. ::bigsmile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Get yourself a real RV capable electric pump they are so handy:winky:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Get yourself a real RV capable electric pump they are so handy:winky:

Hey John
i got one of those its 400 amp jump starter and air compressor in one tried the air compressor works great on my Winnie not had to try the jump starter yet tho
its made by Lectrolite cost me 19 squid

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Got one of those Truck Airs, £50 odd and will go all day without overheating.

Last edited:
H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
when i got my mh the tyres were around 55 psi each, when we were in france and loaded up with beer i decided to get them up to 80psi

it took ages with a foot pump and the pump gave out on the 5th wheel

i would recommend an electric pump as using a foot pump is knackering to say the least:whatthe:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:eek: When I first started with RV's (1988 Coachmen Classic), the dealer I bought it from and all the professional recommendations was 65psi. After a double offside blow out? I decided to do some investigation and found out that when loaded the pressure should be between 80 psi and 90 psi. Same with our rear Air bags and 65 psi in the front air bags. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back