Tyre Pressures - Eldis Sunseeker 100 (1 Viewer)

alan.watson

Free Member
Sep 21, 2009
Funster No
New to Motorhomes and have an Eldis Sunseeker 100 based on Peugeot Boxer Chassis. Front Wheel Drive.

We travel normally as two adults with the usual "stuff"

The Peugeot Manual says one figure for Tyre Pressure, the Eldis Sunseeker manual says nothing, The Dealer has given another figure, a manual downloaded from "tyresafe.org" mentions another figure.

I am lost !!. Does anyone have such a Van or suggestion for the correct tyre pressure level.

Will be eternally grateful for any help

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I can't remember when Elddis changed to the new Boxer version but see from their web site Link Removed that the 2010 100 models use the Peugeot 330 SWB as base vehicle and pressures are given as 60psi front and 65 psi rear. Those figures are the same in the 2008 manual which I downloaded when it was still on the Explorer web site.

We have the 2003/4 model of the Autoquest 100 which is based on the older 3 litre Boxer SWB chassis (slightly lower MTPLM but higher Max User Payload). The pressures given by Elddis at the time were 44psi all round. We have run on those pressures since we got the van in June 2006 and haven't had any problems.

I have a copy of the 2003 Autoquest 100 web page (downloaded when it was still on the Explorer web site) which gives those figures which I would be happy to send you if you PM me with your e-mail address.

Hope this helps.

Graham

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
New to Motorhomes and have an Eldis Sunseeker 100 based on Peugeot Boxer Chassis. Front Wheel Drive.

We travel normally as two adults with the usual "stuff"

The Peugeot Manual says one figure for Tyre Pressure, the Eldis Sunseeker manual says nothing, The Dealer has given another figure, a manual downloaded from "tyresafe.org" mentions another figure.

I am lost !!. Does anyone have such a Van or suggestion for the correct tyre pressure level.

Will be eternally grateful for any help
The vehicles manual will be quoting on the assumtion its "as it left the Factory" which it is not
The converter won't know or care
The supplyer isnt interested
Tyresafe.org is a tyre organisation dedicated to tyre safety and maintenance
Your choice:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Our MH isn't an Eldis, and it's on a Fiat Ducato. Having said that if we inflated the tyres to the level stated in the Fiat handbook it was like driving on rocks - way to hard.

The dealer said to me that a lot of people reduce the pressures by quite a few PSI and found that to be quite satisfactory.

I then browsed around a bit and found this.

Link Removed

The point to be careful with is that you don't confuse the tyre types. The 'C' on the tyre usually means 'Commercial', not 'Camping'. Camping tyres often say 'Camping' or 'CP'.
I've used this chart and found it to be very useful.

Hope you find this wheely helpful :)Doh: Sorry)

John

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Our MH isn't an Eldis, and it's on a Fiat Ducato. Having said that if we inflated the tyres to the level stated in the Fiat handbook it was like driving on rocks - way to hard.

The dealer said to me that a lot of people reduce the pressures by quite a few PSI and found that to be quite satisfactory.

I then browsed around a bit and found this.

Link Removed

The point to be careful with is that you don't confuse the tyre types. The 'C' on the tyre usually means 'Commercial', not 'Camping'. Camping tyres often say 'Camping' or 'CP'.
I've used this chart and found it to be very useful.

Hope you find this wheely helpful :)Doh: Sorry)

John
He will feel pretty deflatedif he doesn't :Doh:
well you started it:ROFLMAO:

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
The picture in Tyresafe's PDF is of an Autoquest 115 - The tyre size of which are 215/70 R15

Guess the only size not listed?:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
On the Dutch camperforum I began an Article about calculating your tyre-pressure yourselves. With use of the formula in the Standards manual of the ETRTO.
Especialy learned myself Excell to make Spread-sheets to calculate it.
Link Removed
This form on My Sky-drive at Hotmail, can be used to calculate the pressure and afterwards see what the temperature does with the pressure.
But it is just what you fill in . You can navigate from there to other forms on my public map.
For the rear-tyres I would take the maximum-Axle-load of the car and put the grip-factor on 85% ,because overloading is common use with campers.
The front you can calculate with the maximum-axle-load, that is enaugh.
Just try to overload the front-axle, it is inpossible.

From the tyre you need the maximum load in LBS,KG or the Load index, then use the help screens for that. And the , what they call, the reference pressure ( at 450kPa on the side-wall of the tyre for instance)
Some camper-manufacturers use all around the maximum of the tire, and that is wrong, I think. It gives less grip on the front wheels , because the tires dont get the right temperature of about 60 degrees Celcius.
So forget all the advices of the camper or car manufacturers.
Because campers are almost always at their maximum load , they only need to give one pressure for every use.

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back