Tyre Pressures (Again) (1 Viewer)

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
and finally the plate that was asked for... I too find it unusual that the front is heavier! View attachment 108208
Really? At the front there is a heavy engine and gearbox, vehicle battery, full fuel tank not to mention two seats and their occupants. That all adds up....

So when fully loaded, my self-built Relay Panel Van Conversion is over 200Kg heavier on the front axle than the rear. Adjusting the tyre pressures to suit the axle loading has improved the ride no end.

Now if we were talking coachbuilts with large rear overhangs it might be very different.

OP
OP
Peter Ashcroft

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
Yea your probably right, I am comparing it to my Transit based Autoroller 600 which does have a big rear overhang and 2 big lockers as part of that. this is my first PVC

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Michelin simply don't want to trust people to have enough intelligence to adjust rear pressure according to load and as I've said repeatedly they will keep recommending 80 at the rear as policy
The majority of vans carry their luggage at the back.
Personally I do have 80 rear but I travel at over 2 ton back there and can go to 2500kg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back