Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Probably gonna open another can of worms here but does anybody use one?
If so, any recommendations on a good reliable system / make?
I've looked at a few makes on line and they all seem about the same. It'll be going on a tag axle Burstner so will need 6 sensors obviously. ;). One of the makes has a signal booster for trailers and "bigger" motorhomes.
Most seem to be the valve cap replacement types but I know there are some you stick to the inside of the wheel and then put the tyre back on. Any advantage of that type?
Ta.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
I use a TyrePal system on both the MH and our car, which we tow with an A-frame. Both of our systems use the valve cap replacement and we do have the repeater for when we are towing so that the monitor part (from the car) can be in the MH cab (there would be no point if it wasn't) and all seems to work OK. You may or may not need the booster so ask Tyre Pal the range of the system you get (if from them).

HTH

Dave

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We use the tag axle tyrepal system on our 8.5m van with no need for a repeater, worked well when we had a puncture on a rear tyre a few weeks ago on the motorway south of Abbeville. Without the warning I'm not sure it would of been immediately obvious that the wheel had punctured and could of caused a lot of damage as it came apart.
The recovery cost was an eye watering €655, mainly because we are over 3500kg and there was a 50% charge for it being the weekend.
We are now waiting for the AA to reimburse us.
A tip from our experience, don't rely on the emergency phones the nearest to us was not working, just call 112 and tell them your position which is on the markers on the central reservation.
Cheers
Ed
IMG_20170930_103943.jpg

IMG_20170930_111945.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
We use the Tyrepal system on our motorhomes 6 tyres, similar system to @Doctor Dave without the repeater on a 7.5 metre A Class with aluminium sandwich wall construction. Easy install and surprised us with the variations in pressure and temperature during driving. Picked up a slow leak on one tyre very quickly. Impressed. If I was towing I would add the repeater.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
TyrePal again, we have the TC215 and "flow through" sensors so I can hide them behind the wheel trims, the rear inside valves need an extension pipe anyway on a twin wheel RWD chassis.

You can also get the in wheel sensor but of course you have to remove the tyres to fit them so a bigger job, and remove the tyres again if the battery goes flat.

Martin

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Another TyrePal user here. Had for 4 years and pleased with it. All the batteries on the sensor caps have been replaced in the last 12 months. Being the older style I don't use the grub screws as these were a faff and the wheel trims had to be removed to get to them. I think the design is different on the newer kits.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Another TyrePal user here. Had for 4 years and pleased with it. All the batteries on the sensor caps have been replaced in the last 12 months. Being the older style I don't use the grub screws as these were a faff and the wheel trims had to be removed to get to them. I think the design is different on the newer kits.
Exactly the same with us, only I've had the Tyrepal kit 5 years. Transferred on to new van last year and fitted new batteries, after originals started to fail around 4 years old. And I also have never bothered with the grub-screws - too much of a faff and never had any problems after thousands of miles. Great piece of kit. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back