Tyre Pressure Monitor Unavailable - Peugeot Boxer (1 Viewer)

May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Caravan owner moved on to Motorhome
Taking my Bailey Autograph to the Peugeot dealer for its annual service and 1st MOT, I get 10 mins into the journey an on comes the TPMS warning light. However, the message pops up 'Tyre Pressure Monitor Unavailable' in the display.
All was fine when I parked it up in December. I've seen various posts in various threads about TPMS but none seem to offer any advice on what causes this. Its it a failed battery in the sensors?

A small confession.. I have been fiddling about with the wiring that is in the drivers side footstep area when I was wiring in a 7" monitor screen for the rear cameras.. would / could that have screwed up the TPMS? :worried:!

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Technically it shouldn’t in ours if a single goes that wheel in the display flashes, on an old system for all to not work it was the display unit battery. Now I leave the displays powered up during layup

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
If they are the ones that screw on the outside of the tyres, check they are tight. If they are not screwed up tight they don’t get the pressure from the tyre. Hope this makes sense. After I have pumped my tyres up I have to screw the unit in until I hear a hiss then another turn to get them to register. Then lock them with the nut.

Or a flat battery in the unit.

Oct 24, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Caracompact 600 MEG
Exp
5 years
That is the same message I got last week on way to garage (Fiat, for a service recall not linked to Tyre pressure.) They checked and found one of tyre sensors was giving an irregular reading. New sensor ordered under warranty. I too had had no previous problems but vehicle had been sitting on drive for several months... I suspect Peugeot has same sensors as Fiat

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
If they are the ones that screw on the outside of the tyres, check they are tight. If they are not screwed up tight they don’t get the pressure from the tyre. Hope this makes sense. After I have pumped my tyres up I have to screw the unit in until I hear a hiss then another turn to get them to register. Then lock them with the nut.

And no air in the tyre

Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
Tpms may be misbehaving if you have installed a new wireless system to the motor vehicle. This could be a wireless reversing camera.

Direct TPMS uses radio signal technology and is prone to interference. The majority of TPMS sensors are activated with a low frequency (LF) signal (125 KHz). This LF signal varies from vehicle to vehicle (some require more power than others) and forces the sensor to transmit. The TPMS sensors then transmit information and communicate via a UHF signal (314.9-433.92 MHz).

Obd2 port scan may help diagnose the health of your tpms system. Good luck

bigsn

Free Member
Apr 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
C Class
With the Schrader GG4 sensors that Sevel fit the 125KHz tone is used only to set them into learn/test mode and provoke a single broadcast, so never used in routine operation. The vehicle's TPMS module is a receiver only.
The sensors wake on wheel rotation and continue to broadcast on 433.9MHz approx. every minute while rotation continues. They do also wake and transmit once on a defined change in pressure or temperature. Each transmission contains the sensor data repeated 6 times.

A failing sensor battery (often exacerbated by the cold) is the most common cause of 'tyre pressure monitoring unavailable' message - one sensor failing to report in and the entire system is marked 'unavailable'..

OP
OP
Paul Wilkins
May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Quick update... they got it through the MOT phew!
The TPMS fault is still present. They think/hope that because of the long layoff and the cold weather that the batteries in one or all of the sensors may be low and some driving above is necessary to try to bring them back to life. If, after a journey the fault is still present, then they'll replace the all of the sensors under warranty.

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years

Right this is a stupid question, I’ve a peugeot boxer pvc , is there an easy way to tell if It has tpms?

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Factory fitted I would think that you have internal sensors the valves will be different to the normal ones fitted on medium range priced cars they will be metal and threaded.

OP
OP
Paul Wilkins
May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Update: All sensors replaced by Peugeot under warranty. TPMS light is out and no more messages.
Service chap from Peugeot says he's getting 3 ~ 5 TPMS issues a week at the moment, basically because cars/vans aren't being used.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back