Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Hi all,

Just checked my tyre pressure and it looked a bit low so I googled and god loads of variations so I’ll ask you lot.

Autocruise Starblazer 2009
5500kgs (Original)
225/75/16 all round.

I’ve pumped them up to 80psi all round as the label on the door says 79.5 +/- 1psi.

Hoping I’m not to far off.

Regars

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
You'll find many, many posts about ideal tyre pressures on this site and you may find that you don't get a clear answer to your question. You'll see that the variables include the permissible axle loads, overall permissible weight, tyre brand and more.
We have found that we had conflicting advice from the supplying dealer, information from the manufacturer stuck on a label on the van's door, the garage carrying out service, information supplied by the tyre manufacturers themselves based on the axle loads supplied to them and various posters here.
Although we have a different van to you, we were initially advised that the rear and front tyres should be 79psi. We found that the ride was harsh as a result that our fillings were shaken loose! Telling the company that carried out our annual habitation check, they said the front tyres could come down to 55psi. We found this made the steering feel 'mushy' and imprecise especially when decelerating or approaching roundabouts. We increased the front tyre pressure to 65psi and we think that, for us, this With the rears at 79psi, is optimal.

OP
OP
Realist

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Thanks both not much info about agree on that and I’m aware it’s dependent on different factors but needed a starting point.

Sianna

Free Member
Feb 9, 2020
Derby
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 696
Exp
New to the experience
Im mightily confused.com, decided its time to check my pressures on my Fiat Ducato chassis Swift Escape 696.

Panel on the door says 72 PSI front and 79.5 rear.

Tyre safe app says: 54 psi front and 80 PSI rear. But then says "Do not exceed the maximum cold inflation pressure marked on the tyre sidewall" - it says 69PSI.

Then the tyre safe page goes on to say:

Advice :

CP-type tyre construction enables the use of higher inflation pressures to provide resistance to the difficult conditions of use encountered on motorhomes. Therefore, when CP-type tyres are fitted on the rear axle in a single formation set the inflation pressures to 5.5 bar (80 psi) for all loads.

Mine are indeed CP tyres?

So a simple question of what should my tyre pressure be has blown my mind - any suggestions?????

Thanks in advance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
When I had the new tyre fitted last week I was asked what pressure I wanted in it. I keep the spare at 70psi, the rears are 65, fronts are 45. The tyre fitter said they should only go up to 75. That isn’t far off my rear tyre pressure and too low for bigger vans. Ours is based on a Transit 300 chassis.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!