Jan 18, 2009
wee island across pond NI
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
3 years
HI ALL

HAS ANYONE MANNAGED TO WORK OUT WHAT THE PROPER TYRE PREASURE IS WHEN FULLY LOADED.

MY TYRES STATE PREASURE IS 80psi MAX

TYRE SIZE IS 215/75 R 16 C MICHELIN XC CAMPING

SWIFT KONTIKI 645

DONT KNOW AXLE WAIGHTS

NOTHING BEING TOED OR CARRIED AT REAR OR ROOF

IVE LOOKED THROUGH SITES AND FOUND NO CLEAR SET PREASURE FOR SIZE OF TYRE

PLEASE HELP IFF POSSIBLE

Link Removed

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hi Ive got that size on my Buccaneer Clipper 215/75/16 and they have got 60 psi
they are a commercial tyre. they were set at this pressure when I bought it 4years ago and I haven`t altered them I just keep checking the pressures
hope that helps you could look in the hand book for the base vehicle that might give you an indication Rob

Chudders

Free Member
Jan 17, 2009
Newquay, Cornwall
Funster No
If you ring Michelin and give them the axle weights and tyre details they will tell you the pressures and put it in an e mail if you wish. Either give them the max axle weights as shown on your Vin plate or preferably weigh the vehicle at your usual running weight. Weigh each axle separately. They are really helpful and will calculate the appropriate tyre pressures. Michelin tel number is 01782 402000 and tell them you want advice on tyre pressures. I have an Autotrail with Michelin 215/75/R16 and I was given 60psi front and 65 psi rear with axle loads I quoted which of course will be different from your. Interestingly I also had a discussion with them regarding differing advice from the base vehicle handbook which in my case recommended a higher pressure. They maintained that only they know the construction type of the tyre and the appropriate pressures for a given axle load and speed. The base vehicle manufacturer when printing the handbook has no idea of the ultimate use and eventual axle weight and therefore quotes a higher pressure to cover all eventualities. But this may give too hard a ride. This is information recieved by me but I take no responsibility if it is incorrect. Recommend you conatct Michelin for advice from the horse mouth so to sp[eak. Hope that helps a little
Regards, Dave:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
such a variant depending on what you read and who you speak to. When I had x4 new tyres fitted to my last van, I got ATS to ring up Michelin (they were xc tyres) after the ATS mechanic only inflated them to 45psi. I told him he was wrong. They rang Michelin whom confirmed 63psi (F) 65 psi (r)
The book said 70 something, the techies on another commercial site gave differing advice including why did I bother with XC tyres:whatthe:

I would go with chuddders and ring up and get your own record for your van.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
HI ALL

HAS ANYONE MANNAGED TO WORK OUT WHAT THE PROPER TYRE PREASURE IS WHEN FULLY LOADED.

MY TYRES STATE PREASURE IS 80psi MAX

TYRE SIZE IS 215/75 R 16 C MICHELIN XC CAMPING

SWIFT KONTIKI 645

DONT KNOW AXLE WAIGHTS

NOTHING BEING TOED OR CARRIED AT REAR OR ROOF

IVE LOOKED THROUGH SITES AND FOUND NO CLEAR SET PREASURE FOR SIZE OF TYRE

PLEASE HELP IFF POSSIBLE

Link Removed

I had a kon-tiki some years back and kept tyres at 60psi
Like the awning, does it take a lot of time to put up :ROFLMAO:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Tyres info

Have you seen this?

Link Removed

If you have Camping tyres you'll need to look at the CP range in the tables.

Hope this is of use.

John

jakeontour

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
In front of this computer when I should be out in
Funster No
I'm with Chudders on this, get advice directly from Michelin after you've had the axles weighed. No-one else seems to have a clue. My personal preference was an email dialogue so that I had something 'official' in writing.

Interestingly, the pressures given to me by Michelin, 60 on the front and 65 on the back, are considerably lower than the 75 all round that seems to be the norm from the tyre dealers. The lower pressures have greatly improved what was previously a very harsh ride.

Very helpful people at Michelin, they also gave advice on what the pressures should be increased to if intending a journey at max weight, (like back from Dover :winky:), which is really useful.

Chudders

Free Member
Jan 17, 2009
Newquay, Cornwall
Funster No
I'm with Chudders on this, get advice directly from Michelin after you've had the axles weighed. No-one else seems to have a clue. My personal preference was an email dialogue so that I had something 'official' in writing.

Interestingly, the pressures given to me by Michelin, 60 on the front and 65 on the back, are considerably lower than the 75 all round that seems to be the norm from the tyre dealers. The lower pressures have greatly improved what was previously a very harsh ride.

Very helpful people at Michelin, they also gave advice on what the pressures should be increased to if intending a journey at max weight, (like back from Dover :winky:), which is really useful.

Yes I agree, I also had Michelin e mail their reply so that I had something in writing, a copy of which I keep in the motorhome. They also indicated that they would argue their right to determine the tyre pressures of their tyres if there were ever a dispute for whatever reason.
Regards, Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back