Tyre Inflator Recommendations Requested (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Hi.

In the unlikely event of needing to re-inflate a tyre on the RV, I don't fancy standing there using the "old fashioned" foot-pumps as I don't think my health could take it!

Therefore, could I prevail upon you guys and gals for recommendations for a tyre inflator that is either independantly powered, or more preferably, that works off 12v, and that can handle the 85lb/sq" or so needed?

I've looked at our amazon store but nothing there fired my imagination I'm afraid.

Thanks all.

Papa

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
I bought a power pack with built in inflator and invertor from halfords, about £70. pumped up all my tyres ok, but if you use it for too long, it cuts out (thermal) then resets later. all my tyres were about 10psi low, pumped up front to 80, back to 90, no prob. have also used it to start a neighbours car when battery flat. astonished it worked! and run the laptop off the invertor! works for me.

des

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You need a "Truck Air"

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Scot Jim put me on to this one about a year ago. , It is a high flow, heavy duty, 12 volt air compressor specifically designed for large truck tyres. Google it and you should get it for less than £50, buy it from the states for less than half that. (do you know someone who ships regularly from the States?) :Smile:[/FONT]

This can work continously for 8 hours, a similarly priced one from Halfords would blow up in 15 minutes if you didnt rest it after 10. I have used mine a couple of times now and can confirm its a great bit of kit.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• truck air.jpg
    truck air.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 96

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Don't rely on hgv petrol stations as they don't have air lines anymore.

After burning out many power packs bought an special pump designed for HGV/RV for about £40 and use it regularly in fact added an additional 10 PSI in all my tyres and blew the spare up from flat to 80 PSI just a few days ago.

Link Removed

I can honestly really recommend this pump as being 1st class

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi try one of these-
Link Removed
son uses sealy a lot,good product good price
terry

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Thanks All

Guys,

As always, you're all stars!:thumb:

Thanks for the advice::bigsmile:

Papa

p.s. One day, I intend to pass advice onto someone else.

p.p.s ... whether they need it or not :ROFLMAO:

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
hi papa smurf

sounds like a management consultant to me. i should know, i used to be one.

des

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Scot Jim put me on to this one about a year ago. , It is a high flow, heavy duty, 12 volt air compressor specifically designed for large truck tyres. Google it and you should get it for less than £50, buy it from the states for less than half that. (do you know someone who ships regularly from the States?) :Smile:[/FONT]

This can work continously for 8 hours, a similarly priced one from Halfords would blow up in 15 minutes if you didnt rest it after 10. I have used mine a couple of times now and can confirm its a great bit of kit.:thumb:

I bought one of these as well and it works well
Had one from Halfords before it was ok but hard work as it kept cutting out and eventually gave up altogether

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Truckair Fan cooled Compressors £27.66 (+vat).

Nice Price! Not many left - so if you need one.....

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back