Tyre Inflation (1 Viewer)

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Well, with an impending trip to France in the Winnie looming I think it is time I got a tyre inflation device!

Some time back two products were recommended on the other forum and these appear to be the updated models:

Power Probe

TruckAir

The TruckAir seemed at the time to be the better product and still does.

What do you have and is it any good?

Regards

Chris

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The truck air is very good, it is not made in the states anymore, its made out east somewhere, but it is a superior product at a reasonable price. I know a few RVers who have one. Its a great bit of kit.

OP
OP
G2EWS
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Jim,

Thanks for that, I seemed to remember it was the one most RVers recommended. I could only find it at 'discoparts' so will order it later today unless anyone else has a lower cost supplier.

Regards

Chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
HI Chris
I have the Power Probe.

It's ok does the job although takes a while to get RV tyres up tp pressure, probably 5 minute plus. I've had it about 18 months use it for our RV, cars and the kids cars and it's been very reliable but does appear a bit cheap when you get it out of the box.

OP
OP
G2EWS
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Snoopy on the other forum has suggested this site:

Link Removed

The RAC900 looks an awesome bit of kit!

Chris

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi guys just bought the RAC750 from a site stuart on facts gave a link to, its 230v which is what I was looking for. Link Removed

Seems about twice the CFM of the 12v ones, the single review was positive so hopefully I haven't bought a pile of poo. :Doh:

Olley

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
The truck air is very good, it is not made in the states anymore, its made out east somewhere, but it is a superior product at a reasonable price. I know a few RVers who have one. Its a great bit of kit.

I wasn't aware of that. About 3 years they were moving their production facility from New York State to New Mexico IIRC. Obviously it didn't go well if they're now made outside continental US!
The pump itself is excellent but the gauges were poor. We always recommended using a good quality pressure gauge and not to rely on the integral one.
They're readily available stateside for $40 each. Perhaps Lindy-c could be persuaded to bring a batch in.

Regards
Doug

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I just bought the 12v ring RAC 600 and I think the motors gone, It laboured a bit so I quickly turned it off, now it don't work at all. Going back for a refund tomorrow.

OP
OP
G2EWS
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Dane,

I mentioned your problem to them when I called and ordered the RAC 900 yesterday. I did tell them to have a look at this site and see your post.

Regards

Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back