Tyre Covers? (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Sitting here in the afternoon sun enjoying myself and someone walks past and says "you should get tyre covers to protect your tyres" hmm ok maybe he's got a point if the weathers gonna stay like this and I'm sitting put for while. Now where can I get some?

If anyone has bought some and doesn't use them I will be at the Peterborough Show and will be happy to buy them from you or hopefully just buy some at the show.

Rob

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Sitting here in the afternoon sun enjoying myself and someone walks past and says "you should get tyre covers to protect your tyres" hmm ok maybe he's got a point

Rob

Perhaps we was inferring that your vest needed pulling down

IMG_7237.JPG

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Oh dear Rob, there is something on the photo not very flattering, breathing in or not :LOL::LOL:

and tyre covers are for wooses, man up and get them changed every 4 years you will have no problems :)(y)

edit - BTW just reads somewhere else you are now parked up for a month. will trawl other threads but seemed to have missed where you are :)

Last edited:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
I guess that means I'm a woose then:rolleyes:
Brian & Jo

Attachments

• IMG_1059.JPG
    IMG_1059.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 57

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
image.jpeg
I've grabbed this pic from Le Pin Parasol archives as I don't have access to my older photos at the moment.

It was in their brochure for a few years after my wife and I were asked if the site photographer could take a brochure photo, but it looks like they've dropped it for 2017.

Anyway, that being my first motorhome, I wanted everything right and knocked up a couple of shades to protect the tyres from the Vendee sun. It slowly dawned on me, that we were the only ones with tyre protection and I think that was their first and last ever outing.

I've never noticed early degradation of the tyres by not having used covers/shades in the past 7 years and I have no intention of using any in the foreseeable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I use tyre covers, woose or not I don't care they work and help prolong the life of your tyres. The sun is tyres enemy. I got mine from bags for everything, just rang them gave them the measurements. (y)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I'm in agreement with you David
I reckon there's more damage done to tyres by not moving your van for months on end than there is by leaving them exposed to sunlight.

Sun definitely destroys rubber,,Had inner tube come through the sidewall of tyre on my bike a few years ago due to the sun in Spain..Always keep them covered now when not riding them,,BUSBY,,

Flash28

Free Member
Feb 22, 2019
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
3 yrs
We have been overwintering in Spain near Valencia since Jan 12th and most of the motorhomes on our large park cover their tyres that are in the sun.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the sun is much stronger nearer the equator and spending months parked up with bright sunlight ages tyres quickly

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Don't bother covering ours as the van's in the garage all winter. I'm surprised nobody makes covers to just fit on the tyre walls. A ring of silver bubble card would be much lighter and would fold up for storage (y)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Don't bother covering ours as the van's in the garage all winter. I'm surprised nobody makes covers to just fit on the tyre walls. A ring of silver bubble card would be much lighter and would fold up for storage (y)
My covers roll up to virtually nothing,,i only use two..BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back