KeefieWeefie

Free Member
Dec 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 520
Exp
Since 2012
First of all I would like to thank all that participated in helping me understand if my tyres were legal or not. I feel the overall concencus is that they are. I chose the Michelin Agilis cross climate tyres because they had a good write up and were legal winter tyres in Germany. I put my registration number in the search for tyre box on the Kwik Fit website and they came out tops. None of the recommended tyres were dedicated camper tyres. They were the most expensive option so I was not scrimping. I now know that I could have chosen to fit slightly larger tyres in my rims ie 225/70 R15 instead of 215/70 R15 and I would have got a better load index. I didn't realise that before. I asked my Insurance company if my tyres were legal and they told me to refer to my motorhome manufacturer. My motorhome manufacturer told me to refer to my Insurance company! The R.A.C. said that they could help me choose the appropriate tyres but would not tell me if my tyres were legal or not! Tyremen website told me that my tyres were legal but that I would benefit from changing them to dedicated camper tyres! So once again thanks to everyone, I now know infinitely more about tyres and their construction and load indexes than I ever did before! In fact I believe I know more now than anyone I know! ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back