maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
The front tyres on the van are soon going to need replacing - size is 225/75 R16. They are currently Michelin Agilis with a load rating of 116. However the rear tyres are Continental Vanco FourSeason 2 with a load rating of 121 (fitted by previous owner to upgrade weight capacity of rear axle). The spare tyre is also this type. They have the M&S and snowflake symbols on them.

So I’m thinking of replacing the front tyres with the same ones that are on the rear. Having the higher load rating would mean that the tyres could be rotated - as the van is FWD the front tyres wear out more quickly. The rear tyres still have good tread but I’m probably not going to get around to rotating them onto the front anyway.

Looking online I’m getting well confused as to the currently available versions of Continental tyres. Vanco FourSeason 2 tyres seem few and far between. Should I still persist in trying to track them down (hopefully at a fairly reasonable price)? Or are there other newer versions that are better that I should be looking for? Do they even need to be Continentals? I would like the tyres to be good on wet grass - or at least, as good as they can be. Any advice welcomed please. :Smile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the camper tyres are a very limited seller so only get made in batches once or twice a year

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Conti have made 3 varieties of four season tyres
Four season, the original but no snowflake
Four Season 2, this has the snowflake
4 Season, latest version, has the snowflake

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
the camper tyres are a very limited seller so only get made in batches once or twice a year
Are the Contis I’ve already got camping tyres? I thought they were just normal commercial tyres.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The front tyres on the van are soon going to need replacing - size is 225/75 R16. They are currently Michelin Agilis with a load rating of 116. However the rear tyres are Continental Vanco FourSeason 2 with a load rating of 121 (fitted by previous owner to upgrade weight capacity of rear axle). The spare tyre is also this type. They have the M&S and snowflake symbols on them.

So I’m thinking of replacing the front tyres with the same ones that are on the rear. Having the higher load rating would mean that the tyres could be rotated - as the van is FWD the front tyres wear out more quickly. The rear tyres still have good tread but I’m probably not going to get around to rotating them onto the front anyway.

Looking online I’m getting well confused as to the currently available versions of Continental tyres. Vanco FourSeason 2 tyres seem few and far between. Should I still persist in trying to track them down (hopefully at a fairly reasonable price)? Or are there other newer versions that are better that I should be looking for? Do they even need to be Continentals? I would like the tyres to be good on wet grass - or at least, as good as they can be. Any advice welcomed please. :Smile:
Dig out the thread I recently posted on tyre comparisons .. Not just done as a paper exercise but I did it 'real life'

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Here you go :)

Reactions: maz

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Are the Contis I’ve already got camping tyres? I thought they were just normal commercial tyres.
These are commercial tyres not camping but nothing wrong with that.

Martin

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Looking online I’m getting well confused
When we fitted our Continental 4Season tyres I drove myself mad on the interweb. In the end I just went to our local independent tyre fitters, told them exactly which tyres I wanted and let them do the searching.
They were the same price as on line including fitting.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Here you go :)
Thanks for that, John. The Davantis look interesting but I can’t find them in 225/75 R16 at anything like as low as £70. Perhaps that’s a special Norfolk bargain? :wink:

The Hankooks that get mentioned in that thread only seem to be listed as summer tyres. Are they the ones you had before or a different version?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Maz check out
And

? That's who we use. ? Bob

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thanks for that, John. The Davantis look interesting but I can’t find them in 225/75 R16 at anything like as low as £70. Perhaps that’s a special Norfolk bargain? :wink:

The Hankooks that get mentioned in that thread only seem to be listed as summer tyres. Are they the ones you had before or a different version?
Dunno about the prices of the Davantis Maz.. I got mine from Thetford Tyre and Exhaust

Hankooks I had were all season M & S. They are still on Darrells van ! When we bought the Autotrail I swapped his pretty buggered ones for him

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Dunno about the prices of the Davantis Maz.. I got mine from Thetford Tyre and Exhaust

Hankooks I had were all season M & S. They are still on Darrells van ! When we bought the Autotrail I swapped his pretty buggered ones for him
Your Hankooks sound different to the ones currently available at 123Tyres.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi Maz check out
And

? That's who we use. ? Bob
Hi Bob. Yes, I had already looked at those sites. Conti FourSeason prices were pretty eye-watering I thought. :Eeek:

The trouble with Fun is that I started a thread thinking I needed Contis but it now looks as if what I really need are Davantis. :wink:

However trying to find them online is proving tricky. Perhaps a trip to Thetford is in order - it’s not that far from Peterborough ......

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Your Hankooks sound different to the ones currently available at 123Tyres.
Yes,
What started my research was a quest for the Hankooks I had previously.. Just could not find them
After contacting 'a man in the know' it turned out they were no longer available in the UK, which is why I was so surprised when someone said they had just fitted a set !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi Bob. Yes, I had already looked at those sites. Conti FourSeason prices were pretty eye-watering I thought. :Eeek:

The trouble with Fun is that I started a thread thinking I needed Contis but it now looks as if what I really need are Davantis. :wink:

However trying to find them online is proving tricky. Perhaps a trip to Thetford is in order - it’s not that far from Peterborough ......
I have been further than that to get a bacon roll !

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

Maz is this the same van you had when you visited? I thought you were getting rid? If so put the cheapest commercial tyres on you can get. No point spending up on tyres on a van you are going to be selling?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
If we was back there I would sell you a couple of part worn Michelin agilis, that what you need if your selling it. :rofl: Bob.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Maz is this the same van you had when you visited? I thought you were getting rid? If so put the cheapest commercial tyres on you can get. No point spending up on tyres on a van you are going to be selling?
Hi Karl. Yes, it’s the same van. I would like rid but the pathetically low part-exchange prices I’ve been offered for it make that unviable. :RollEyes:

Sep 6, 2019
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Frontier
Exp
since 2015
Tyre Label Values​
C​
C​
67​
In Store Price£94.55Website Price£80.37
Fully Fitted

I've just had a pair of these fitted on the back of my Autotrail Frontier GVW 4250 kg. made by Hankook, seem a good tyre with good reviews & recommended by my local tyre company.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I suspect most people on here will be aware, but Camper tyres have stiffer sidewalls, they are alleged to be "better" and more resistant to the effects of being stationary for long periods. Therefore if your unit is in REGULAR use there would be no real benefit and Standard Commercial Tyres would suit. "Snow / Mud" markings are I believe Mandatory in Germany in "winter" conditions.

• Informative
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I have bought 6 Michelin Agilis Crossclimate 225/75/16 121 load rated with 3 peak alpine rating all manufactured week 18 2019, if you look at the ebay listing below the guys number is their he did have more but you have to collect from Kegworth (y)

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I have bought 6 Michelin Agilis Crossclimate 225/75/16 121 load rated with 3 peak alpine rating all manufactured week 18 2019, if you look at the ebay listing below the guys number is their he did have more but you have to collect from Kegworth (y)

Thanks for that but having had Agilis I’m not very fond of them, especially on wet grass. :wink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back