LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
If you feel so strong about all these things why not stay and argue your case.

Why do people need to argue a case? Is this what people come onto this site for?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Why do people need to argue a case? Is this what people come onto this site for?
Well that's what I would have thought a forum is all about, if everyone agrees with everyone else there's not a lot to post(n)

Crusty jack

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 640
Exp
Since1994
What would be the point? Graham and his cronies have me down as a troll. They are entitled to their opinion, however much I disagree - I fully believe this, but I am still genuinely appalled by many of the immigrant debates/ opinions expressed. Maybe education is the answer. But then I am aware that I cannot expect to get on with everyone, especially when I stick my head above the parapet and stand up to be counted. I am on other sites where I am welcome and minds are open to others' opinions and debate. Do I really need the aggravation of this site? I am genuinely surprised that SOME people who purport to be well travelled can be so blinkered and stuck in the small picture, so entrenched in their own opinions that persons expressing alternatives should be considered as "trolls". Toby.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Right, let's get this straight.... I've been driving all day so have just caught up with this. Bottle? So "pappajohn" suggesting that there are few non white motorhomers because it would be too close to their roots is not racist? I beg to differ from the bottom of my heart. There is plenty of racism to be found among the many "immigrant" debates/comments/remarks to be found on this website. It also seems, Graham, that because I find some of your comments to be offensive, that that makes me a troll...... I am not and never have been a troll... Also, like Jim, we also resent being called "freeloaders" because we wild camp as much as possible. Who are you to set yourselves up in judgement of wild campers? I/we have never had such a problem on any other website, and I'm on a few. I suggest you go down to the storage compound and drool over the others' vans and leave us fulltime wild campers to do it for real. Maybe it's a generational thing; I believe a lot of institutionalised racism to be so. We're leaving the site now and destroying our window sticker, which has never been posted, incidentally. I do apologise to those (majority?) non racist folk on here. Love and light, Suzy n Toby.
With respect if you are going to QUOTE what someone has said do it correctly ... ppj actually said:

Only ever seen a black family in a motorhome once....you tend to remember these moments.

Maybe the nomadic lifestyle is too close to (historic) home for them.
This isn't so 'cut and dried' as your 'roots' quote implies! It also depends on how you take the meaning from it ...

Perhaps you should have waited until you'd had time to recover from your long drive before posting?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It also seems, Graham, that because I find some of your comments to be offensive, that that makes me a troll....
Graham and his cronies have me down as a troll.
I've looked through all the posts on this thread and the only ones I can see signed "Graham" are mine.

Would you mind telling me where I have called you (or anyone) a troll please, because I can't see any.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
CJ - your hackles were already up from your first post yesterday so IMV you were 'reading' all the postings on this thread with that 'attitude' in your mind already, and appear to be continuing in this vein without taking on board anything that others have said unless you believe it 'supports' your view.

If you don't want to be part of this forum then that's your choice, IMV it is your loss, but that's for you to decide.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
What would be the point? Graham and his cronies have me down as a troll. They are entitled to their opinion, however much I disagree - I fully believe this, but I am still genuinely appalled by many of the immigrant debates/ opinions expressed. Maybe education is the answer. But then I am aware that I cannot expect to get on with everyone, especially when I stick my head above the parapet and stand up to be counted. I am on other sites where I am welcome and minds are open to others' opinions and debate. Do I really need the aggravation of this site? I am genuinely surprised that SOME people who purport to be well travelled can be so blinkered and stuck in the small picture, so entrenched in their own opinions that persons expressing alternatives should be considered as "trolls". Toby.

We are all entitled to our opinions and should not fear expressing them incase we are labelled racist.
The UK has always been proud of its ability to allow free speech, that is why so many migrants fight to come here.
I am not racist but if I have an opinion I have a right to express it , if you think that is racist, that is your problem not mine .
Too many now try to suppress free speech under the lable of PC and racism and that is wrong in our society.

Crusty jack

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 640
Exp
Since1994
You have thrice referred to me as a troll Graham, following posts I have made. Not directly by name, but referring to my posts when it could only have been me; obviously you don't have the "bottle" to admit to it, but why should I care! Consider yourself "blocked". I will. Not allow you to insult my intelligence again. Toby.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I have yet to meet a British camper who has a good word to say about a French camper of any colour ! ;):D

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You have thrice referred to me as a troll Graham, following posts I have made. Not directly by name, but referring to my posts when it could only have been me; obviously you don't have the "bottle" to admit to it, but why should I care! Consider yourself "blocked". I will. Not allow you to insult my intelligence again. Toby.
I don't even recall responding to any of your posts, let alone calling you a troll.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Trevor Phillips maintains that he made things worse, with his line on racism & I tend to agree. The racism & PC card is being played far to much, there has to be a balance, PS I have no time for racist. But when you get people in a village winging that someone has a Union jack flying that just gets more people to side with them!

Caron

Free Member
Jan 29, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Exp
New
We once went to look at a motorhome that a dealer had just got in.....they said it had belonged to an Indian family the inside was trashed needless to say we didn't buy it..
And your point is?

Reactions: JJ

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Err I'm not anyone's crony.
I'm quite happy to admit that I think you're a bit of a troll tho .. Sorry but that's my opinion.
I don't care what you think of me but my limited experience of you leads me to believe that. (In the nicest possible way of course) . If you need a definition of what one is then feel free to Google it.
Please feel free to block me ... whilst I will continue to monitor your trolishness

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've looked through all the posts on this thread and the only ones I can see signed "Graham" are mine.

Would you mind telling me where I have called you (or anyone) a troll please, because I can't see any.
Me neither!

If you are going to make accusations like this you need to be able to show that this has happened! Therefore please could you quote these 'implied trolling' posts that Graham has allegedly made as I can't see anything on this thread.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have yet to meet a British camper who has a good word to say about a French camper of any colour ! ;):D

There is one French Camper, (my Princess aka Yodeli), about whom I have an awful lot of good words to say... and so do many, many other Funsters who she has helped over the years... ;)

Now behave! :rofl:

JJ :cool:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Oh, by the way, I am a Freeloading, Off-Site Motorhomer and proud of it...

People calling me a Freeloader doesn't worry me at all... just as I hope me calling them Plastic, Weekend, Tarmac Parking, Campsite Dwellers (as long as it has EHU) doesn't worry them...

Only banter hey?

PS. At the moment I am PAYING €3 PER NIGHT here at the Marina making sure that the Boss Of Benidorm and his beautiful Moll settle in okay... After a few days training, I hope to lead them up into the hills, where we can overlook the wooded lake, and save money.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Me neither!

If you are going to make accusations like this you need to be able to show that this has happened! Therefore please could you quote these 'implied trolling' posts that Graham has allegedly made as I can't see anything on this thread.
Having done some searching I think I've found what CJ is referring to. There was a thread about an Broken Link Removed 2 and a half months ago. I did comment on a number of CJ's posts in that thread - but by direct quotation rather than some sort of indirect "referring to my posts when it could only have been me".
In the course of that thread CJ referred to me and others as "you pedantic know alls (nothing's)", "really rude", "your bigoted kind" and "You sad, sad twerps", plus a totally inaccurate and unfounded assertion that I own a far more expensive van than I do, whilst refusing to point out "Which post(s) shows a lack of courtesy to the poster".
I didn't realise that such discussion amounted to trolling on my behalf :)
Pointless.... You are blocked.... :D(y)
Never mind :)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
There is one French Camper, (my Princess aka Yodeli), about whom I have an awful lot of good words to say... and so do many, many other Funsters who she has helped over the years... ;)

Now behave! :rofl:

There is always an exception to every rule :france:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I'm the type of motor-homer that has just enjoyed a steak, chips and salad with some garlic bread and a couple of glasses of red wine. I also enjoy white wine, rose and other drinks :)

Deleted User
I find this thread completely baffling(not read all of it though I must admit), how can such an innocuous post lead to all this?

There are lots of peoples views and opinions that I find offensive including some posted on this forum but my view is that people are entitled to their opinion and views and that includes racist views.

Opinions and views do not in themselves cause damage, racist or other actions do.

I do not find it easy to ignore posts that I find offensive and have sometimes been drawn into discussions mostly completely pointless but I refuse to use the ignore facility, I want to know what's going on.

Having towed caravans for many years I find the term 'tugger' extremely offensive and I would request that no further use of this term is allowed in order to protect my delicate sensibilities:)

Caron

Free Member
Jan 29, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Exp
New
Like many things, whether or not someone intends to be racist or sexist it's all about context and the manner in which they behave. I have never experienced racism but I have experienced sexism. Sexists can have all of the right language, but their manner and their actions say differently. Some of the worst offenders have been very senior managers in suits. I have also come across men whose language is intentionally offensive but say that it's a joke and try to make you feel that you have had a humour bypass because you cannot see it. Alternatively I have been called all sorts of things by men whose intention was not to be sexist, it was just the manner in which they spoke. In my experience sensible women know the difference as do people from minority ethnic groups when it comes to racist language. For example I was responsible for a geriatric hospital in a working class area and was concerned about the racist language expressed by the mainly white and often confused patient group to the mainly black nursing staff. I was reassured by many nurses that they understood that the language expressed was one of a different age and that they did not take offence.
Having said all this language is important and I feel that if you are not sure of your audience it's polite to try to express yourself in a way that minimises offence.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I don't recall posting that the three were on this thread.
I can't find ANY trolling, or implied, reference by GJH to you on any of the threads I've scanned through that you're a poster on, however, as he has said (you'll have to unblock him to see what that is though as I'm not repeating it for you) I have found quite a few of your posts on other threads to be over the top, offensive and rude! You may NOT be a troll but IMV you need to have a think about how YOU come across to others as it obviously makes you appear as one to them.

Oh, and if I HAD been one of the participants in the threads which GJH has mentioned where you were definitely being offensive you can be sure that I would have happily pointed that out to you then so that you could see how YOU were coming across, either by accident or intentionally. After all if you believe you are free to comment about the attitude of others, then they are free to say the same to you.

Hey-ho .. off to have some fun on the forum now! :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Oh, just remembered .. it was NickNic who called you a troll .... :D

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
There is a CB500X forum where the members from all over the world are even more polite and friendly then FUN, believe it or not. It's really interesting to read that in any country we all feel exactly the same about biking. It's good to see videos from other countries, Thailand, they drive on the right, is one glorious place though hot and wet so very very green.

One guy from California was using a neat app that plotted his progress as he rode right across to Florida. There are a couple about to do America from Alaska to Tiera del Fuego. Not bad for a cheapo 500. One of them must be called Rory.
I used to do the iom tt every year till it dawned on me that the steamracket take the p**s, I would love to tour europe but funds do not allow as i bought our van in cash, Please explain the cb500x? not heard of it, is it a recent model? looks good if that is your avatar. steve.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I reckon you are a bully mate.

Chill out Oh Please!
Oi! Language Chris, language ... :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back