Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This thread is for the general discussion of the Motorhome Dealer Tyne Valley Motorhomes. Hit the Review Button at the top of the page to leave a proper review. Feel free to discuss it below.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
I called there when visiting TerryL with an electrical problem and they were great reset the system and did not charge, just good customer relations. not many of them these days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Peel posted a on the Motorhome Dealer
Struggling to see how you could not have seen the fault before hand? We have used the Guys up in Newcastle for our motorhome we purchased a little time ago. Honestly.....could not fault them. There must be something else here for you to criticise them like you have? Personally ...could not find a better bunch of guys..especially the after sales team. Is it possible it was a communication fault?
Shame you have to condemn them the way that you have....they do not deserve it honestly.
Everyone to themselves I suppose?

kev

Peel

Free Member
Sep 25, 2013
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff
Exp
I can only tell about the service I’ve received. Re the MOT, we picked the van up and were told the paper work was in with the service book etc I had no reason to doubt the service and MOT had been done. It was only when we tried to trade the van in that it was highlighted, very embarrassing. I could tell you at least 7 other instances of dissatisfactory encounters but It’s boring reading !!!!!!!!!
Re your defence of them, that’s your opinion don’t condem me for my opinion thank you.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
I dont want to condemn you bud...just wanted to state that the normal thing after a Mot is for you to receive a document stating a Pass or a Fail. If that was not present ..it had not been done. Where ever you take your car, or bike for its mot...you WILL get a document to prove its been carried out, even if it was to tell you that it has advisories etc. If it was not there...with respect...it comes down to the fact it was not carried out . If there was a communication fault...that is something for you to discuss with the dealer.

The fact that you stated it was not until a few weeks/months later that you realised it had not been done...puts the blame back on you .I'm Sorry but its a fact. I personally just felt it unfair that you should blame the company for something that you had control of, and that you should have been aware of.

Hey...we all make mistakes and I am sure that we can all be held responsible for our own misgivings. I am honestly one of the first to hold my hand up to that. I too have done exactly the same thing , hence my message to you guys.
Please do not look at this as a "go at you" ? Its not honestly.

Kev

Peel

Free Member
Sep 25, 2013
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff
Exp
Hi Kev, I appreciate the fact your not having a go but I should have said we were told it had passed it’s MOT and the docs were in the van. I see you have only just got your van and I hope you receive much better service than we have and don’t have 5 new head units fitted amongst a plethora of other things we had to fight to get. My only advice to you and others is make sure anything being replaced has a full and new warranty.

RaKStan

Free Member
Apr 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker EKS
Exp
RaKStan posted a on the Motorhome Dealer

Wilderbeast

Free Member
Jan 20, 2012
Stockton on tees
Funster No
MH
"Hymer duomobil" B634 SL
Exp
Since 2011
Since posting the review I have been contacted by Tyne Valley and am informed the price I was quoted was incorrect I had in fact been quoted for a habitation service ,this may well be true I have no way of knowing.
As I have made an alternative arrangement I will not take up the offer of having the ingress test carried out at a reduced price as an offer of good will.
Time will tell if we have any business in the future.
D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back