Two years on, spare a though for lost ones (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well some of you may remember I ran my first marathon 2 years ago this weekend, I did this to raise money for cancer research as Lorraine had just lost her Mum. Well yesterday I lost my Aunt (dads sister) to cancer, she went with a smile after a good innings of 84 years

Firstly I'd like to take this opportunity to thank every one who sponsored me and the business's who kindly donated prizes, to help me raise over £2000. I hope you have all collected and enjoyed your prizes.

Well this weekend I will be running the Edinburgh marathon for the 3 rd time having completed Berlin and London in the last year.

I won't be doing it for charity this time as I hate asking people for money so all I ask is you spare a thought for our lost ones and if your passing a charity box stick some loose change in as this will make a difference to someone.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Thats is such a lovely thought, from someone that is dealing with cancer at the moment, I have had such support from positive thoughts.

Well done you and good luck in your next marathon.

Pat

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We now have two friends with cancer, never out of our thoughts, and there's that to$$er Chris Packham coming out with his twopennorth. :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thats is such a lovely thought, from someone that is dealing with cancer at the moment, I have had such support from positive thoughts.

Well done you and good luck in your next marathon.

Pat

Sorry to hear that.

You can beat it:thumb:

Best wishes.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Lovely thought having hopefully beaten cancer and also you're running through my home town.:Smile::thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Lorger.

There are several people on here who are fighting cancer, or who have beaten it and living with the fear of secondaries, or lost people close to them, or even all of these things.......

Your selflessness is an inspiration borne out of caring and not asking for anything in return. Hug.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Feel free to pop round for a cuppa we will be having a lazy day Sat to rest my legs we are staying here

http://www.drummohr.org/

I know the place but unfortunately we are of to our cabin this weekend to clean our roof but thanks for your kind invite. The town comes to a standstill on Sunday with a lot of complaints afterwards from residents who can't move from their streets because of restrictions and inconsiderate parking:Sad It doesn't affect us as we are on the west side.:Smile:

My favourite place is near that campsite, a scrapyard great place for rummage.::bigsmile:
Good Luck ::thumb:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Good for you, lost my mum to breast cancer aged 55, 26years ago and dad to bowel cancer aged 62, 19 years ago. Still miss them, I've done the breast cancer Moonwalk a couple of times and other stuff so I know what you mean about feeling awkward asking for money, peoples' generosity never ceases to amaze me. So yes I will be sparing them and others a thought, plus a donation. It's also why I am taking early retirement this year at 55, you are a long time dead as my Mum would have said.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
A good friend of ours also has cancer having lost one son to it and his other son is in remission, next time I past the collection box I will drop some change in to say thanks for your great effort Lorger

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
A good friend of ours also has cancer having lost one son to it and his other son is in remission, next time I past the collection box I will drop some change in to say thanks for your great effort Lorger

Dylan sorry to hear about your friend hope all goes well, its people like you who I owe a big thanks to as you kindly donated a pitch as a prize in my guess my time competition. I was gerryhughes back then :ROFLMAO:

Thanks again and I hope my prize winners enjoyed their break.

Gerry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back