Two Motorhomes Recovered! (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Just popped in to see a mate who owns a company hiring out excavators and other plant.
He had a new dumper stolen a week or so back and has just got it back from the police, it had been found in the back of an artic at Dover along with two VW camper vans.
The Polish driver had no paperwork as he was down as going back empty, they arrested him and impounded the lorry.

Aparantly the police officer said they have 40 people on the ground checking stuff going out but loosing the battle....

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It's not rocket science surely to put an auto weighbridge on the entry to a port to weigh vehicles supposedly empty.
I appreciate that all 'empty' artics will weigh variously different amounts but two Motorhomes??? That has to be in the region of plus 5 Tonnes. That would surely raise eyebrows.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coastal Cruiser.
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
It's not rocket science surely to put an auto weighbridge on the entry to a port to weigh vehicles supposedly empty.
I appreciate that all 'empty' artics will weigh variously different amounts but two Motorhomes??? That has to be in the region of plus 5 Tonnes. That would surely raise eyebrows.

By all accounts this one went through an x-ray and got pulled up...
I have seen the big machines they have at scrap yards that can detect anything radioactive but didn't realise they could x-ray large lorries...

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
By all accounts this one went through an x-ray and got pulled up...
I have seen the big machines they have at scrap yards that can detect anything radioactive but didn't realise they could x-ray large lorries...

Oh Yes!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Hmmm maybe the theory that the vast fleet of stolen Transit based vans all head across the Irish Sea may need rethinking.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Hmmm maybe the theory that the vast fleet of stolen Transit based vans all head across the Irish Sea may need rethinking.
I wouldnt have thought RH drive MHs would be saleable the other side of the Channel?

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007

My T4 VW Westy weighed 2,400 kg empty so 5 tonnes is about right for 2 VW campers.

If the Polish driver was involved in criminal activity, it makes one wonder what load he smuggled into the UK. 30 illegal migrants*, maybe? And how many similar round trips has he made to the UK? How many bent Polish HGV drivers need to be caught and arrested? Answers on a post card.

(*Alternatively, alleged refugees from war zones, or asylum seekers, if you took offence.)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
It is NOT just Polish drivers SpeedyDux ! ! !
I think that is a racist statement ! ! !
Just saying ...
We have a lot of Poles working and living around this area and they are as clean, polite and honest as we are.
I also had Polish men working for me when I ran a unit in Germany and served with a few.
They drove all the British tank transporters for the Army .
Hard working honest and trustworthy..
And NO, I don't have any Polish roots.
Mitch.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Don't think so, the pikesystem is that the Irish plates from a legal van get put on and it is outwardly the correct vehicle. Easy and quickly done in a quiet place and it avoid all the ANPR cameras etc.

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
It is NOT just Polish drivers SpeedyDux ! ! !
I think that is a racist statement ! ! !
Just saying ...
We have a lot of Poles working and living around this area and they are as clean, polite and honest as we are.
I also had Polish men working for me when I ran a unit in Germany and served with a few.
They drove all the British tank transporters for the Army .
Hard working honest and trustworthy..
And NO, I don't have any Polish roots.
Mitch.
MSO from 3ttr.use to run them with a superintendent

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
our friends 3 month old mh stolen in Skipton whilst they were buying fish n chips , It found 2 years later on Irish plates in Scotland where it was on hire from Ireland to american tourists ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back