Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've just downloaded it on kindle too

There's a Spanish one is there ?.....off to look
I'm in the middle of revising the Spanish book - correcting all the grammatical errors in it but I don't think the revised version will be publish until early April. I'm finding a lot of things to correct! :)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm in the middle of revising the Spanish book - correcting all the grammatical errors in it but I don't think the revised version will be publish until early April. I'm finding a lot of things to correct! :)
I've just downloaded the Spanish one too

But of bedtime reading

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 28, 2017
Audenshaw Manchester
Funster No
MH
Compass 180 Rambler
Exp
2017 Just started as Retirement looms in August
John

Although I purchased your book yesterday, Amazon has declined the sale is this because of the alterations you are doing ,if it is when will it be ready to re purchase

Thanks

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
John

Although I purchased your book yesterday, Amazon has declined the sale is this because of the alterations you are doing ,if it is when will it be ready to re purchase

Thanks
I'm a bit confused as the book is now live and you should be able to order it. However, I'm getting a retail copy delivered to me tomorrow and as soon as I've checked it I'll let people know but I'm confident this time it is correct. I'll update you as soon as I can tomorrow.
Many apologies yet again for this inconvenience.

Sep 28, 2017
Audenshaw Manchester
Funster No
MH
Compass 180 Rambler
Exp
2017 Just started as Retirement looms in August
Thanks John

I will re- order once you have reviewed and given me the all clear

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
France Map - Two Go to Italy
The print edition of Two Go to Italy had a poor map of France when it was first published. I have now corrected this and anyone who has ordered a copy of the paperback from Wednesday of this week should get the new version.

However, those who ordered the print version before the middle of this week will probably have the one with the dodgy maps. You can tell if this is the case because they will be almost unreadable! The correct map has a style similar to the maps of Italy.

I have been in touch with Amazon hoping I could get them to send out replacement books at my expense but they can't do this. Instead they have said purchasers must contact them and request a replacement book.

The Amazon process is a bit convoluted but if you go to this website:
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/orc/returns/homepage.html
You can click on the "Start a Return" button and then navigate through to where you can request a replacement book. Using the "Item defective" menu choice.

My sincere apologies to those inconvenienced by this mistake by me. The maps in the proof copy I approved were adequate but I thought I could improve them and failed miserably! I should have ordered another proof copy but they take a week to arrive and I didn't want to wait that long so I just made the change and pressed "Publish". Oops.

Best regards,

John

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
eBook Price Reduction

When I published this book I enrolled it a scheme called "Kindle Matchbook" which allows purchasers of the print version to get a free copy of the eBook. I have been waiting for this to happen and I've now discovered it isn't going to as this service only works in the US. I have no idea why they can't do it in the UK but they don't. So more apologies for messing folk around!

As a sort of compensation I've reduced the price of the eBook in the UK to £1.99 which is the lowest I can go. In other markets in Europe the price will be showing as €2.99 which is again the lowest I can set it.

I will leave it at this price for a week.

It may take a few hours for the price to change to be effective so the web page will continue to show the current price probably until early tomorrow morning.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I borrowed the book on Unlimited and it is great :)

I'll be buying a printed version as it is the sort of book that I want to actually handle.

Sister-in-law has put a deposit down on her Italian house (on the Adriatic coast) and we are hoping to go in September .... not sure about routes, ferries etc yet. My nephew gets married in September but I have been told I will probably not be invited so that makes life much easier in planning terms.

EDIT: Printed version now ordered :)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back