Two Go to Italy Published

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by DBK, Mar 11, 2018.

1. DBK

DBK Funster

Ratings:
    +26,960
    I have just published my second book, Two go to Italy on the Kindle website: http://amzn.eu/drndXg0
    The book has 299 colour illustrations and maps of our exploration of Italy. Ideally it needs to be read on a colour device such as a tablet or Kindle Fire but it will be fine on standard Kindles - except for the lack of colour of course. :)
    There is also a paperback version which you should be able to find here: www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0995651434
    The Kindle link above should work if you are outside the UK but if it doesn't just search on your local amazon site for the ASIN Code: B07B8X9B11

As it has just been published the paperback has its own page but in a few days it should be shown on the same page as the Kindle version.
    The paperback only has black and white illustrations so I have enrolled it on Amazon Matchbook. This means if you buy the paperback you will be able to get the Kindle version free. However, as the two have not yet been linked by Amazon this may not be available for a few days.
    It was only through writing this second book did I realise how badly written my first book was! Mary and I will be going back to Spain in April and we plan to visit some of the places we missed on our first visits, such as Cordoba. I will include these in a completely revised version of Two Go to Spain towards the end of the year.
    On prices the Kindle version is the same price as my first book (£2.99) but the paperback has a hundred more pages and as printing costs are directly related to the number of pages I have had to price it slightly higher at £8.99.
    I will not be producing an iBooks version but there is a free Kindle for iOS app which will allow the Kindle book to be read on Apple hardware.
    We really enjoyed our travels in Italy and Sicily was magical. The cover illustration below is of the town of Ragusa on Sicily which features in quite a few of the Montalbano TV series episodes. We spent a couple of days visiting other Montalbano locations and there is whole chapter about them in the book!

TGTI-Small.png

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    • Like it Like it x 20
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 8
    • Love it Love it x 2
  2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +39,455
    So when will the book signing tour come up north ?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like it Like it x 1
  3. DBK

DBK Funster

Ratings:
    +26,960
    We keep promising ourselves to have another trip in Scotland but the best time of the year is around May I think for weather and fewer midges and we always seem to be somewhere else then. They should make 14 month years. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +58,201
    Well done ..... hope it is really successful ... yeah. :)

@Carol

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +41,571
    Congratulations on your second book being published John.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love it Love it x 1
  6. Candapack

Candapack Funster

Ratings:
    +4,527
    Enjoyed your Spanish one, in fact we are sitting right now at La Vall de Laguar where your wife had her mishap on the walk to Fontilles. Look forward to reading the new one, good luck with it. (y)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. CazPaul

CazPaul Funster

Ratings:
    +4,102
    Well done that man, may purchase that, Caz loves her kindle although its only the standard version.

Any plans for ''2 go to Germany, Holland, Poland, Sweden'' etc?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +16,721
    Well done DBK. When are you doing Norway, before I go in May I hope. :LOL:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. The Nomad

The Nomad

Ratings:
    +1,964
    Go to the Piscina Italian restaurant on the outskirts of Orba, the village just down the valley from you. Really cheap and utterly superb.

Also restaurant "Awraba" in the main street of Orba village, about 200 metres up from the church square:
    Full "menu del Dia" 3 course meal (with about 5 choices per course) , plus bread and allioli, plus half a bottle of wine, all superb food, and the set total price is 10 euros. The food is brilliant quality.

Also the restaurant (or eat outside in the little main square if the weather is good) at Hostel La Plaza in the main square.... 3 course menu del dia meal including bread, allioli, and half bottle of wine, all for just 9 euros.

If visiting Orba you can park your motorhome for free in the big car park at the rear of the Mas y Mas supermarket on the edge of the village.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. DBK

DBK Funster

Ratings:
    +26,960
    Curiously, if there is another book it might be called Two Go East but I need to do a lot of reading first. I'm currently on Patrick Leigh Fermor's second book about his walk in the 1930s from the Hook of Holland to Constantinopole. Only very vague planning at the moment. :)

Would love to go but Mrs DBK likes warmth and no mosquitoes!

• Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  11. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +22,312
    Once the paperback and kindle editions are linked I'll be buying :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. DBK

DBK Funster

Ratings:
    +26,960
    I've just realised in my OP I didn't thank this Forum and in particular all those who offered really useful advice and suggestions while we were on our travels.
    You know who you are. Consider yourselves well and truly thanked. :)

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Love it Love it x 1
  13. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Ratings:
    +16,501
    Downloaded, by the way I’ve also got Patrick Leigh Fermore’s two books, which are a great read, very boys own stuff.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. andy63

andy63 Funster

Ratings:
    +14,515
    Congratulationd John..
    I enjoyed your thread at the time and the photos...
    I like hard copies lol... so ive ordered the paperback , and hope it inspires me to make the effort at some point..
    Thanks..
    Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. DBK

DBK Funster

Ratings:
    +26,960
    I've just had a second copy of the paperback delivered and there is a problem with the maps of France. They were OK on the proof copy but they are now hard to read. I'm looking into it and will see what can be done. At the very least I will send out replacement copies for those who have already bought one. This affects the paperback version only, which I've taken off sale temporarily. Many apologies for this inconvenience. :(

16. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +22,312
    I've got a copy through Kindle Unlimited :)

17. hilldweller

Ratings:
    +39,455
    Oh dear, published too Swiftly.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. DBK

DBK Funster

Ratings:
    +26,960
    The ebook should be fine, it's only the paperback which is involved.

• Like it Like it x 1
  19. DBK

DBK Funster

Ratings:
    +26,960
    The problem is the proof copy was OK but the production copies are different. Possibly because the proof was printed in Poland but the retail copies are printed in the UK.

20. hilldweller

Ratings:
    +39,455
    I wonder how they print lower volume runs these days. Do they use laser printers ?

• Thanks Thanks x 1