Two found dead on campsite (1 Viewer)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
14,059
112,577
North Wales.
Funster No
519
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
That is so sad, just shows how important it is to have a detector in the van.
 
Dec 27, 2014
967
3,361
Funster No
34,567
Terrible incident,
As Carol says.... Let it be a reason why it is so important to have a detector installed.
Co'mon folks, let's not become a terrible statistic.
 

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
627
689
East Sussex
Funster No
31,639
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
newbie
Echo the above thoughts...........
Certainly going to check batteries when I get it back.
 

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
247
180
Essex
Funster No
30,146
MH
C class
Exp
2008
As others has said regards detectors. Also bbq's, people pull them into tents/awnings as a heat source but can be lethal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

 

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
4,231
4,965
northampton
Funster No
22,870
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
had to check both yesterday. for our foster plus team. they come round and check every year.
 

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
21,492
120,753
Moving around
Funster No
9,543
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Very sad. Condolences to their families ... waiting to hear lovely holiday news and then the dreaded knock on the door. :( Lessons for us all.
 

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
1,456
349,614
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
11,232
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
what a sad, sad story..
from reading the various reports from the original link, it would seem that that the retired couple had lived on the residential site for over ten years..
has been bitterly cold over there and just wondering if they'd used a portable heater to supplement and combat the cold as a lot of people do..
had to have a moan a year or two ago at a friend who now lives in a static at a residential site when he's in the country who seemed to think that as he only used his portable gas heater for a few weeks a year he didn't need to have the appliance serviced annually, or indeed even his central heating boiler..
and thinking about it, i don't remember seeing any carbon monoxide alarms in there..:(
the couples family must be devastated especially as it could have been avoided..
a timely reminder to us all..
 

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
12,411
44,178
Scottish Borders
Funster No
29,703
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Very sad. What price a detector when it could save a life?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

 

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
1,101
1,603
Where it matters
Funster No
14,936
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
2011
As others has said regards detectors. Also bbq's, people pull them into tents/awnings as a heat source but can be lethal.

Quite they are still dangerous even when no longer lit as they continue to give of large amounts of unseen CM & of course it has no smell
 

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
1,101
1,603
Where it matters
Funster No
14,936
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
2011
I had a detector fitted in September before I collected the van. Its detects 3 different gases, CM, LPG and anything ether based and cost about £250 fitted. Well worth it to protect my family
 

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Log in

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back
Top