Two 3mm wires into one spade connector? (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Hi Guys!

I'm attempting to connect two USB sockets together in one circuit.

The way I have seen it done is to connect all the +tive together and all the -tive using spade connectors that slot onto the prongs on back of the sockets.

The +tive and -tive from the fuse / grounding bar go into a spade connector to the first socket, along with another wire connecting the first socket with the second. This means two wires into one connector.

I'm using 3mm cable. Although one cable will fit in a blue connector, two will not. I then decided to have a go at using a bigger yellow connector but two 3mm cables don't seem to fit in them too well wither. I've made one up and it fits, I'm just not convinced it looks totally legit.

How should I be doing this?

Thanks in advance! āš”

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Jack. How is your van coming along? You seem to have learned a lot since your first post, sunshine.

OP
OP
CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Thanks guys. It's easy when you know how! I wonder if I can get them from Halfords or somewhere so I don't have to wait for Postman Pat. I'll look tomorrow.

Hi Jack. How is your van coming along? You seem to have learned a lot since your first post, sunshine.

Hi Movan.

Thanks! Things are coming along okay again, now I have got some more of the parts I had been waiting for. I could totally go away in the van and be comfortable. There's no functioning cooker, running water, or electricity. My tent never had any of that anyway and I was happy enough going away for a week in that. It will all happen eventually! That said we almost have USB charging sockets and a 12v socket! I've been making some good progress in the last few days, which feels amazing after about a month standing still!

As for learning, a lot of people have said to me that you can't do this or that. Particularly that has been said about electricity. But my reply is that no one is born knowing how this stuff works, but everyone can learn how it works. And this website is a great places to learn with lots of good teachers!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Thanks guys. It's easy when you know how! I wonder if I can get them from Halfords or somewhere so I don't have to wait for Postman Pat. I'll look tomorrow.

Hi Movan.

Thanks! Things are coming along okay again, now I have got some more of the parts I had been waiting for. I could totally go away in the van and be comfortable. There's no functioning cooker, running water, or electricity. My tent never had any of that anyway and I was happy enough going away for a week in that. It will all happen eventually! That said we almost have USB charging sockets and a 12v socket! I've been making some good progress in the last few days, which feels amazing after about a month standing still!

As for learning, a lot of people have said to me that you can't do this or that. Particularly that has been said about electricity. But my reply is that no one is born knowing how this stuff works, but everyone can learn how it works. And this website is a great places to learn with lots of good teachers!
Yes, Halfords sell them..šŸ‘šŸ¼

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back