LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Can't find any CE markings on either of our Scott's.

Edit: Do have certificates of conformity.

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
What is the link for I want a photo of the plate or sticker!!!!!!!:mad:

That stylised CE is the label. Stick that on, as a manufacturer, and you are declaring it conforms.

Of course it may be alongside Super Bike Made in China.

All the compliance notes are part of the C of C.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
This is the problem, certificate of conformity YES - Sticker or plate NO....... Beginning to think many have bought an eBike and do not have the required plate or sticker as the law requests. The chap I spoke to this morning tried to tell me certificate of conformity was all I needed.
I'm off to the bar as it's been a very long head banging day.............

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
That stylised CE is the label. Stick that on, as a manufacturer, and you are declaring it conforms.

Of course it may be alongside Super Bike Made in China.

All the compliance notes are part of the C of C.
Brian, I get that, however what I'm looking for is a photo of the label / plate from someone who has bought an eBike not from China, but a dealer.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Brian, I get that, however what I'm looking for is a photo of the label / plate from someone who has bought an eBike not from China, but a dealer.

Oh dear, I am beginning to wish I hadn't asked, it's causing one or two headaches, wrist pains and even driving John to drink!!!

LOL

Ginny

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Ginny, I don't mind as I like a challenge and in this case it might also make members here look at their own eBikes and find that they do not have a CE plate / sticker on the bike. I'm happy enough with ours and the CE certificate we have for each bike, but would like to know why we don't have a plate /sticker on a Spanish made eBike when all the fuss is made or should I say some fuss (one person out of all the eBikes in the EU and here in Spain to be fine)..........
Until I can see the plate or sticker and the manager of BH Bikes southern Spain can see it I will hold fire on my beliefs.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Ginny, I don't mind as I like a challenge and in this case it might also make members here look at their own eBikes and find that they do not have a CE plate / sticker on the bike. I'm happy enough with ours and the CE certificate we have for each bike, but would like to know why we don't have a plate /sticker on a Spanish made eBike when all the fuss is made or should I say some fuss (one person out of all the eBikes in the EU and here in Spain to be fine)..........
Until I can see the plate or sticker and the manager of BH Bikes southern Spain can see it I will hold fire on my beliefs.

camera packed up on my phone so quality poor with old phone. It was on my Haibike that it was underneath, on R&M its behind seat post:

The important details are listed. That it is EN 15194 compliant. maximum assisted cut-off speed. manufacturer name, battery voltage and maximum continuous rated power.

C E .jpg

the classification is to prove that the electrical side of bike has been tested and fit for purpose. this is what can happen with lithium batteries

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
@Judgemental thank you for this, not a great photo, but at least I have something to show him tomorrow.

it was difficult as between rack and up stand..not much room:(

I'm not sure if its that important if you have a paper copy. just quote from regs? A bit surprised a big company like BE dont fully comply. are all the details, motor size etc on document?

"Vehicle Marking Regulation 4 of The 1983 Regulations requires a plate to be fitted showing: - the name of the manufacturer; - the nominal voltage of the battery; - the continuous rated output of the motor. The EPAC BS-EN 15194:2009 recommends: - maximum rated motor power; - electric-assist cut-off speed and, by cross reference to the City Bikes BS-EN 14764, requires the name of the manufacturer to be marked on the frame.

Eddie

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Eddie, on the paper copy it covers all the areas. The Police woman I spoke to yesterday looked at it and said thats ok. As you say strange that a company that is known world wide for their bikes don't have it, but having said that I'm dealing with a shop manager who has never been asked before. He emailed me this morning stating that he has sent all details to head office. Just in case I will be emailing BH bikes direct this afternoon stating the facts and requesting sticker or plate. I'm not holding my breath.................
Paper copy:

Attachments

• EC Conformity-Rev5.pdf
    185.4 KB · Views: 40

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Be interested to see the outcome of this thread as my Ginny got all concerned about her twist and go earlier this year. Her concerns were somewhat lessened after cycling past dozens of police during this year, going over a zebra crossing where traffic police stopped for her and even riding past a traffic police check point.

It still does worry us a very little bit, but we don't feel we want to scrap a bike that Ginny is very happy with when it's still clearly such a grey area.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Be interested to see the outcome of this thread as my Ginny got all concerned about her twist and go earlier this year. Her concerns were somewhat lessened after cycling past dozens of police during this year, going over a zebra crossing where traffic police stopped for her and even riding past a traffic police check point.

It still does worry us a very little bit, but we don't feel we want to scrap a bike that Ginny is very happy with when it's still clearly such a grey area.

Please...this is not a grey area!lol

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Well good afternoon readers, after nearly 40 minutes on the phone to BH Bikes Europe, SL talking to a very nice lady called Maria it would appear that the sales man is in the poo!!!! He should have shown me the label on the eBikes before allowing me to take them away. There is a label which she states is hidden because of the sun shine and weather degrading it over time. So off I went 20 minutes ago to garage were MH is to find label ad would you believe it right were she said it would be. It is behind the folding part of the bike well protected from the elements.
As a good will offering I have a 50 euro voucher on the way in the post.
The label:

IMG_4049.jpg

The place were it is:
IMG_4050.jpg

She also explained that as @Judgemental has also stated if you have the certificate, should you get stopped it will do the same thing as the sticker, but she added that to the best of her knowledge there has only been one case of anyone getting fined here in Spain ( I wonder if that is the silly lady in 2010 who refused to assist the police?)
Now I have to find out about Ginny make and model, so cuppa and I'm on it.

Note: as @Judgemental has already stated this is NOT a grey area you need the cert and or label on your eBike in Spain. I understand that in the UK should you get clocked by a traffic officer using a speed gun, he/she may stop you and ask for required documents.............

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
We have just invested in another Diblasi electric tricycle, which we bought from eBay. It still had the dealers documentation attached and was brand new. It is brilliant and is a twist and go, but not pedal assist.

Does anyone know the rules/laws in Spain regarding twist and go and is there any documentation I need to get to ride it in Spain?

Any advice gratefully received.

Ginny
Ginny I need the model number please.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for the photos John, I have emailed Diblasi and sent a copy of your photo as an example. Hopefully they will get back to me soon!

The model number is R34

Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
IF any bike has a twist and go throttle it wont be EN15194...... Thought it must be somewhere @Don Quixote :)

I'm absolutely clear on that Eddie, the grey area I refer to is the Spanish authorities application of the regs.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Thanks for the photos John, I have emailed Diblasi and sent a copy of your photo as an example. Hopefully they will get back to me soon!

The model number is R34

Ginny
Your model:
The pedal tricycle mod. R34 fits the same frame than the tricycle mod. R32 but fits also an electric auxiliary motor
which allows to pedal without efforts when going uphill, with contrary wind, etc.

The use of the auxiliary motor is very simple: just switch on the switch placed on the handlebar and pedal. The motor is active only when pedals turn: the output of the motor comes down when increasing the speed of pedals.

To pedal without the aid of the motor, just switch off the switch.

Folding and unfolding the mod. R34 is as simple and quick as for the mod. R32: the only difference is that it is necessary also to remove or install the battery pack, but this is carried out in few seconds in a very simple way. Also the dimensions of mod. R34 when folded and when unfolded are the same than those of the mod. R32.

The mod. R34 fits a Litium battery pack which is much lighter than a lead battery pack of the same capacity. Furthermore Litium batteries are much more reliable because their use does not need any special care also thanks to an electronic control device of charge and discharge.

The main features of the R34 which makes it different from the R32 are:

• Engine: 24V - 250 W
  • Total weight of the tricycle (including the batteries): 27,5 kg
  • Litium battery pack: 24V - 9 Ah ; weight 2,35 kg
  • Range on flat road: more than 20 km
Ginny, reading the above you should have somewhere in the bike a sticker / plate like mine, but I think in your case you have the variant twist grip & pedal motor control R34, which I think can be used in pedal mode or twist mode. There must be a switch for pedal assist?
If this is the case you may will find they will supply the paper work required. What you do when you have the paperwork is up to you. I would suggest you get a "Blue Badge" for the bike none the less.
With the amount of 3/4 wheels bikes / trikes / buggies used by many Ex Pats here in Spain, I doubt you will have a problem.

Let me know what you get back from Diblasi.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
I'm absolutely clear on that Eddie, the grey area I refer to is the Spanish authorities application of the regs.
Like everything in Spain it's ALL grey as far as the law is concerned and each policeman reads the law a different way. It is not just the driving laws that are grey it's building laws/regs, the use of EHIC cards and the rules on living in Spain. Sad but true.
If you can get on/live with that, then Spain is a great place to live, but if you cannot wait until tomorrow or the day after or for that matter the week after..... then Spain is not for you.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Your model:
The pedal tricycle mod. R34 fits the same frame than the tricycle mod. R32 but fits also an electric auxiliary motor
which allows to pedal without efforts when going uphill, with contrary wind, etc.

The use of the auxiliary motor is very simple: just switch on the switch placed on the handlebar and pedal. The motor is active only when pedals turn: the output of the motor comes down when increasing the speed of pedals.

To pedal without the aid of the motor, just switch off the switch.

Folding and unfolding the mod. R34 is as simple and quick as for the mod. R32: the only difference is that it is necessary also to remove or install the battery pack, but this is carried out in few seconds in a very simple way. Also the dimensions of mod. R34 when folded and when unfolded are the same than those of the mod. R32.

The mod. R34 fits a Litium battery pack which is much lighter than a lead battery pack of the same capacity. Furthermore Litium batteries are much more reliable because their use does not need any special care also thanks to an electronic control device of charge and discharge.

The main features of the R34 which makes it different from the R32 are:

• Engine: 24V - 250 W
  • Total weight of the tricycle (including the batteries): 27,5 kg
  • Litium battery pack: 24V - 9 Ah ; weight 2,35 kg
  • Range on flat road: more than 20 km
Ginny, reading the above you should have somewhere in the bike a sticker / plate like mine, but I think in your case you have the variant twist grip & pedal motor control R34, which I think can be used in pedal mode or twist mode. There must be a switch for pedal assist?
If this is the case you may will find they will supply the paper work required. What you do when you have the paperwork is up to you. I would suggest you get a "Blue Badge" for the bike none the less.
With the amount of 3/4 wheels bikes / trikes / buggies used by many Ex Pats here in Spain, I doubt you will have a problem.

Let me know what you get back from Diblasi.

This tricycle is even stranger because it does not have pedal assist, it only has twist and go, so I thought maybe it was ordered as a disability tricycle.

I might try to find out what it costs to retro fit the pedal assist, all the wiring is there already.

Ginny

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I might try to find out what it costs to retro fit the pedal assist, all the wiring is there already.

Ginny

My ebike controller self destructed after I fitted a LiPo battery in place of it's dying old battery. I bought a new controller, brake levers ( which have shut off switches ), handle bar control panel, throttle and pedal assist detector for under ÂŁ50.

So don't let them rip you off, probably a tenner in parts.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
This tricycle is even stranger because it does not have pedal assist, it only has twist and go, so I thought maybe it was ordered as a disability tricycle.

Ginny
Ginny, before doing any changes if the trike was bought as a disability trike, find out if it is covered under the "blue Badge" system and you may not have to do anything. There is however insurance needed I believe to cover the twist bit. I have no idea how the Blue Badge system works so I could be wrong.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Ginny, before doing any changes if the trike was bought as a disability trike, find out if it is covered under the "blue Badge" system and you may not have to do anything. There is however insurance needed I believe to cover the twist bit. I have no idea how the Blue Badge system works so I could be wrong.

The trouble is the blue badge is Mike's, and he already has the mobility scooter. It is very easy to ride on the flat so I might even remove the battery in Spain and not bother with the twist and go, I will wait and see what we hear from the dealer in Valencia and DiBlasi in Italy.

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back