TWIN WHEEL PVC (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Hi
After purchasing our Sprinter PVC and going to the trouble of up plating plus soon to be fitted full air on the rear, was wondering if I could have saved the time and expense and purchased a twin wheel van with a better carrying capacity, minimum of 4 tonne.
I know Ford do a long wheel base transit but do any manurfactures have a MWB option.
Presumably twin rear wheels would also increase stability, obviously cost more, plus additional running costs but this could be off set against plating and conversion costs.

Sarah

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Chichester, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline B690
Exp
7 years
My sprinter has twin wheels and gross weight of 5.3 tonne. I don't think it is particularly long wheel base. The MH is 8m bit there is a reasonable amount of tail swing.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The only thing to consider is the extra weight of the additional wheels would eat into the payload so you might not end up with much more.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I wouldn't simpler just to buy a Vario.

Sprinters above 3.5t look naff tbh!

Cheers James

OP
OP

Deleted User
Sorry, I was looking for Campervan manurfactures that use a twin wheel set up.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The only thing to consider is the extra weight of the additional wheels would eat into the payload so you might not end up with much more.
I have a LWB Sprinter with twin rear wheels. Over 800kg spare payload fully laden……

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back