Rally Twin Lakes, France meet - May 1st - May 22nd 2015 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Jean and Grahame , I booked the tunnel today to leave on 28 April, 1st trip abroad for me , but really looking forward to going as I too will be spending my birthday on the 11th . I'm just going to phone the site to book in . We're be there for the 1st may . What do you people do for insurance , I just phoned camping caravan club and had a quote for multi insurance ( one year ) plus the little doggie for £102 each , that's without having medical screening , but I won't tell them I got two heads lol , so is that good ive not booked it yet as wanted some advice thank you
We have ADAC cover on the continent and our medical insurance comes free with outrHalifax Reward account. Looking forward to seeing you there.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi, sorry but I am going to have to withdraw from this meet. I will either be still in hospital or recovering as my appointment has come through for the first week in April.
No problem. I hope all goes well with your hospital stay and recovery.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
To anyone who has been here before , it says it's rural , we won't have a tow car only motorhome , so can anyone tell us is it easy to get to the shops or market , like is there public transport ? We don't walk too far due to mobility problems , will be our first trip abroad in motorhome any ideas on route please .
Shops are 2 miles away. Don't worry about getting there. If you are stuck we will run you up to the supermarket, etc. Plenty of traffic from the site to the town all day long.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hello Jean & Graham,

Nice three week celebration, I am sure you will have the staying power for such a marathon party.
We are planning to be in France during that time, not sure of exact dates, will advise nearer the time.

Clive & Janice
Drive
Be good to see you if you can make any time.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi J & G. This sounds really good. We are seriously considering attending. How soon do we have to confirm ( ie booking etc)
Any time you like. Booking is done direct to site quoting JaG's meet as in the original post.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi
We are interested, we only got our first motorhome this month! We are very interested in France and would appreciate meeting up with seasoned travellers. Please add us to the list and keep us posted.
Joyce & Jeff
Sorry for delay. Notification did not come through. Name will be added and hope you can make it. It will be fun, especially with the Funsters coming.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi JaG
Sounds great. We haven't been to France for years, so please put us down as interested and keep us abreast of the details etc. Cheers B & G (eroom)
Names added to interest list tonight. Hope you can make it.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Graham, as we leave home in a day or two heading to Almunecar, Spain to meet up with friends from our village who has a house there we have no idea where or how long we will be anywhere as we are just going with the flow lolol .. could we just turn up on the day or is it required to book beforehand ?..

We are hoping to be there for Jeans very "Special Birthday " and looking forward to this meet !

Kath x
Sorry for delay...definitely...be lovely to see you.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry about the delay in replying to posts. The forum notification failed to send me any texts. I thought it had gone quiet for a couple of month. Funsters quiet??? Never!! I should have realised sooner, lol.

Just a reminder - booking is direct with the site using the procedure on the first page. Don't worry, there is plenty of room on the fields, though EHU is limited to a first come-first served.

List updated as below of all previous requests. Do let us know if you have been missed off or need to be taken off. happy camping.

Expressions of Interest
Ali n Tim
Andy & Chris
Baycott................................Birthday 13th May
BobnDen
bobandjanie
BrentnElaine
Busman
caleta42
canopus
champers
Colin and Dawn
davidG58
dizzydd
Drive
eroom
Foghorn Leghorn
Frentchy
horshamjack
Hymie...................................Birthday 20th May
icantremember
JaG...............Anniversary 1st May.....Graham's Birthday 5th May......Jean's 70th birthday bash 5th May
JayDee
jaygee
Jimbo99
Jimbost
Jock & Rita
johnp10
Judgemental
Middy42
New dawn
normanandsue.....................Anniversary 8th May
Pam .....................................Birthday 11th May
panda...................................Birthday 9th May
pat1951...............................Birthday 5th May + 13th May. Anniversary 19th May
pepper386
Polar bear
Rexerly
roamingman
ScattyCat
sedge
skyrakes..............................25th Anniversay 10th May
Songbird
SUGGY
Sullew
teddybard
TheCaller
The Ghost
themogs
toledo
treetops1
tremybach
VeeVee
Whitehawk
Wildge
Wyaye wires
yodeli

55 Total

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Graham,

Having seen our names on the updated list, prompts a regrettable post from us. :cry: Unfortunately, due to a new regime of medication, (and the subsequent frequency of blood testing that comes with that), Rita and I will have to remove ourselves from the "interested" list. We hope that the Rally is a great success, and that you all have a smashing time. (y)

Best regards,

Jock & Rita.

Reactions: JaG
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Graham,

Having seen our names on the updated list, prompts a regrettable post from us. :cry: Unfortunately, due to a new regime of medication, (and the subsequent frequency of blood testing that comes with that), Rita and I will have to remove ourselves from the "interested" list. We hope that the Rally is a great success, and that you all have a smashing time. (y)

Best regards,

Jock & Rita.
No problem. I will remove when next updated. Hope all goes well with you both

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Graham!

I have now planned dates for my coming to Twin Lakes.
I'll be coming from the 14th to the 17th ...possibly the 18th (Have to discuss this one with Stadium boss).

Along with me will be coming..... the rufty tufty offsite FUNster .... JJ! Yes he'll be coming too and.... will be hopefully pitched next to me!

Shall I add... NO, No he hasn't changed his way of living .... he just wants to keep an eye on me:LOL::p

Back to serious things: what am I supposed to do now? You say in first post we have to book directly with the owners. OK! But I would like electricity as I haven't got much to survive 4 or 5 days, and you say, electricity will be given to first arrived. I doubt I'll have any then as it will be mid May and a lot of funsters will have arrived by then. So how can I pay for electricity if I'm not sure I'll have it?

Would it be possible then to be pitched (and next to me Mister JJ:love:) next to a very kind and helpful funster having electricity who will allow me to plug in for an hour or two to charge up my devices?
What if I can't know if I leave the 18th or the 19th?
I have paypal as they seem to prefer a paypal payment, but I wonder how they can know the price I will then pay ( will book for JJ too it'll be less hassle!)?

Can you help with all these questions? Oh and also can we run the gennies and when? That might be an option for JJ and I!

Thanks in advance!

Who is coming around these dates please? I would like to meet so many people ... and I'm sure I'm going to miss quite a few:(

I'm trying to keep Max in good form .... I might change tyres before I come!!New shoes for my Baby!!!

See you there!;)(y)

Frankie:):):)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Frankie,
Nice to hear JJ coming with you as well, not seen him for ages.

When you book with the site you tell them at that point you want EHU and they will ensure one is available for your booking period.

If any money is required to be paid in advance it will only be a deposit then the amount is adjusted when you get there.

Gennies are allowed though not sure of the times. I would imagine it would be normal of between 10am and 8pm, though the site will confirm when you contact them.

I have not got a list of who is coming when as most do not know exact dates. If you read through the posts you will pick up on those who do know the dates.

Look forward to seeing you there.

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
As we only live a few hours from Twin Lakes we would like to come for a couple of nights at a time. ie early May and towards the end, would this be possible? No dates set in stone.

Cheers
Steve & Sue.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
As we only live a few hours from Twin Lakes we would like to come for a couple of nights at a time. ie early May and towards the end, would this be possible? No dates set in stone.

Cheers
Steve & Sue.
That will be no problem. The meet runs from 1st May to 21st May. Hope to see you there.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Jean/Graham,
We have requested a booking from 13th. May to 22nd. It's under the name of Pat & John Anderson (didn't put JayDee on form :doh:), so if they ask if you know us you can say no, but....

Looking forward to it.

John

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Jean/Graham,
We have requested a booking from 13th. May to 22nd. It's under the name of Pat & John Anderson (didn't put JayDee on form :doh:), so if they ask if you know us you can say no, but....

Looking forward to it.

John

Well... this is a good piece of news! At last... we met so briefly at Shepton Mallet!
I still remember your nice post when I arrived on FUN.... More than 6 years ago now!
Looking forward to having sometime with you and family!

Amicalement

Frankie:)

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Frankie; at last we shall have an opportunity to meet and on your own home soil. Really looking forward to meeting up :)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Jean/Graham,

Looking forward to it.

John
No problem guys

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Frankie; at last we shall have an opportunity to meet and on your own home soil. Really looking forward to meeting up :)

Will you be there too at the same period Norman?
That would be great !
Really going to be a good one!

Amicalement

Frankie(y)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Have been following this thread for some time, and can now conform that we will be coming to join you around 14/15 may for at least 5 days. Will be booking the tunnel in the morning and will book with the site after that.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back