Rally Twin Lakes, France meet - May 1st - May 22nd 2015 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Chores... I'll give you chores...

Just popped over to the local campsite to leave them a present of a tank full of some quality English/American/Portuguese poo and, rather than thanking me for honouring them with this deposit, they charged me 6 (SIX) EUROS.

Six Euros!!!

Won't be honouring them again.

Which reminds me...
does the wonderful Twin Lakes Camping Emporium have a "drive over" facility for Rufty Tufty holding tank vans?

JJ :cool:
Nope, no drive over here. It is a decant and located at the far top of the site.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Yes there is an Asian. Not sure about Indian. Not used it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 2, 2014
Maldon Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi we are leaving the UK Friday night Dover Calais via Rouen we are looking for an aire about 45 minutes to hour from Calais to stop Friday night.
Any recommendations.

Cheers Chris

Reactions: JaG
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
We stopped at Boulogne-sur-Mer on our way down. 50.744042, 1.597285. Good view out to sea. Around 5 euros - chap calls about 8.30am (French time). So does the bread van. 43 km from Calais. If arriving in daylight, the coast road is marginally shorter, slower, but with some good views. It also goes past at least two other aires if you want to stop sooner.

Our sat nav took us through the town, which was a complete waste of 15 mins & a certain amount of nervous energy when only just off the ferry. If arriving from the north, there is a roundabout above the town where the D940 & D96 join. Head straight down the hill towards the town - the aire is halfway down on the right. Our sat nav took us off round the town along the D96 at that point, before bringing us back up the hill to almost the same point some 25 mins later! (n)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I'm on the tunnel now..internet works :)

Stayed at gravelines last night...nice and peaceful....

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am sure it has been mentioned somewhere on this thread but I must have missed it...

What is the internet wifi situation at Twin Lakes?

I will soon been heading off on my half of the Twin Lakes Adventure.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Officially, it's available in the bar area only. If you manage to get parked in the corner of the field nearest reception, or in one of the 'proper' pitches that are also near, then you can also get it ok if you have an iBoost or similar system. We were parked in the field corner (near to the shed holding the rubbish bins) & it was fine with my iBoost antenna up on the roof, but DavidG58 was one row further back & couldn't get his to work using the same kit. - although he did have his antenna on the dashboard rather than on the roof - don't know if that made any significant difference or not.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Which reminds me...
does the wonderful Twin Lakes Camping Emporium have a "drive over" facility for Rufty Tufty holding tank vans?

we discovered a sort of drive over on our way out / in, there is a 6" pipe coming up on side of the entrance road with removable cap looks to be set up for such use but nobody mentioned it (y)

you will need a hose, but saves a long carry

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thanks everyone for the information re black tank emptying at the campsite.

Having just paid €6 to empty the other day, I will be okay until June now thanks.

Rufty Tufties have holding tanks... not woosie, little girly cassettes!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Thank you to JaG for making us so welcome on our brief visit to Twin Lakes. A lovely peaceful break and boiling hot, what more could we want.

See you at Wrenbury.
Sandra and Colin

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Sat in sun at Chartres and will be ambling down to arrive on Friday as planned.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Van ready. Will be there about midday tomorrow. :cool:(y)

Got Max back from dealer about an hour ago ...now slaving about to try and sort a few things out ...but far too tired to do it all now, so will probably leave Balma just before lunch tomorrow.... I guess...I'll see how things are going in the morning!

See you there! May be JJ will be there already, he has left this afternoon as I wanted to go on the motorway and go VROOOMMMM! :LOL::rolleyes: well if weather allows , forecast is rain and wind ....:(

Big hugs ..can't wait!!

Frankie;):)

RobGriff

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
TONYPANDY Rhondda Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker LB
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Graham & Jean thanks for a great time in twin lakes the fishing was great , so was the camp site ,we had a quite and relaxing 6 days as you can see we are home now:(. Hope all THE FUNSTERS who are still there have a great time like we did. PS dont for get to drink plenty :beerchug: :cheers: and have a good time . RobGriff / Rob & Debra

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
20150514_104946.jpg

This is a really "cool" place...

20150514_192525.jpg

The weather will be even better tomorrow...

Tomorrow MIGHT be bed strut day (y)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Quiet day today...Most resting from last night, plus it is cool today. Some have gone into Bordeux by train. There are now 16 Funsters on site, those being:
Bertie Bassett, Bob and Janie, Brent Elaine, elamesra, JayDee, jj, Kevan, lunarman, normanandsue, pat1951, treetops1, yodeli, Phil and Julia, minesapintmissus and, just joined us this afternoon, the one and only Elvis, as well as us of course.
Welcome to all of the new arrivals over the last few days....we hope you enjoy your stay.
Last night's Back to the 60's revival Karaoke went down well. So many braved the wind and rain and many stayed until midnight.
The week end is set to be warm again. Watch this space.

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Had a lovely day today, many thanks to Frankie for supplying the wine, and elamessa Sue for the special nibbles and everyone's company. (y)
But the highlight of the day, has to be JJ when he discovered another Man City supporter on site. :LOL:
Bob.

ColinandDawn

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Home Brew
Exp
Yes
Hello,

Happy to report we arrived home safely.

What a time we had - We thank you one and all.

Regards,

Colin and Dawn

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hello,

Happy to report we arrived home safely.

What a time we had - We thank you one and all.

Regards,

Colin and Dawn
It was a pleasure knowing you and loved your company and look forward to meeting you next time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back