Rally Twin Lakes, France meet - May 1st - May 22nd 2015 (1 Viewer)

Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Bought motor home two yrs ago after having caravans for 30 years
Happy birthday Jean and Phil and Graham xx

Reactions: JaG
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hope you had a good day today, been a great three nights for us, thank you for suggesting the get together, a good few of us would not have been there without the prompt, delighted to have shared only a small part of your celebrations

Put names to faces, met a few total newbies, really good time (y)(y)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
It was a pleasure meeting you and we are glad you enjoyed yourselves. Hope you will be able to stay longer next year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
on our way back up to Calais, it was so tempting to come back for another night, but it would then have been too tempting to stay, looking forward to next year already

have a great time with the rest of your time there (y)

jealous, me, you betcha :D

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Update on meet so far.
Jean's birthday bash was fabulous. Every one of the 21 vans on site attended, as well as the Belgiums on site and visiting guests. The roast was so tender and lush and there was plenty to eat for everyone. Music was supplied by DJ Dirk from Belgium, Funsters all brought bits and pieces and it was like a banquet. between us we had 55 cards from family, friends and funsters, as well the bottles of plonk.
A big thank you to Garry and Jan for the doing the Pig Roast and laying the area out, including a beautiful vase of flowers and to the Funsters for joining us. :clap2:
We have had trips out to Blaye and Bourg and several are booked on a carriage tour of Bourg on Saturday, with wine tasting thrown in of course. Today was a guided tour of Montendre that 7 of us went on.
The weather has certainly perked up and it is getting hotter and drier by the day. Still quite a few Funsters to turn up later in the meet and we are looking forward to meeting you all.
Tonight we had a Quiz and the prize? The winners nominated NormanandSue to receive the two free drinks....coffee to sober up a bit. :drink:
Tomorrow there is a fishing contest for the ladies and Saturday evening is the Mr & Mrs Quiz evening.... and still over 2 weeks to go yet.

drago35uk

Free Member
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Many thanks to Jean and Graham for a wonderful relaxing week. We made it to Le Touquet last night after 480 miles to find the aire jammed full due to a local equestrian event. Had to take the days mileage to 500 and found a spot at Hardelot. Now at the Calais aire after a morning with the dogs on the beach.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Oh no, you have left. We were thinking of calling in tomorrow to say hello.

drago35uk

Free Member
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Shame, but tunnel to get first thing in the morning as some of us still work.:cry:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Shame, but tunnel to get first thing in the morning as some of us still work.:cry:
Ah, poor you! We still have another two weeks to amble through France before our crossing on 20th.

Glad you had a good time and look forward to seeing you soon.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Many thanks to Jean and Graham for a wonderful relaxing week. We made it to Le Touquet last night after 480 miles to find the aire jammed full due to a local equestrian event. Had to take the days mileage to 500 and found a spot at Hardelot. Now at the Calais aire after a morning with the dogs on the beach.
It was our pleasure. See you later in the year at Wrenbury.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
We have left too, after a relaxing week. It would have been more relaxing still if I hadn't had to work for part of the time, but that's what makes it possible for us to have more than three weeks away. I would have happily stayed another week, but Jane has got itchy feet.

Many thanks to Jean & Graham for arranging the meet. It inspired us to make our first trip across the channel in the van & we are loving it. I quite see why everyone says that France is the perfect motorhome country.

Twin Lakes is a great place to relax - laid back doesn't begin to describe it, but it's also a great place to meet people. As well as funsters new & old, we also met two Belgium couples who have statics on the site, who were great company.

We are making our way gently north. We are currently on a tiny aire in Verrieres, a little SSW of Cognac. The plan is to 'do' Cognac tomorrow. After that there is no plan - at least not for the next couple of days.

Leaving Twin Lakes early means that we will miss out on meeting JJ & Frankie next weekend, which I am sorry about, but it turns our trip north into a gentle amble rather than a mad dash back.

Sheriff

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 3, 2010
Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 yrs
Sorry Graham n Jean we are unable to make this meet now ..apologies for a late reply

Kath n John

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry Graham n Jean we are unable to make this meet now ..apologies for a late reply

Kath n John
Thanks for the reply. Sorry you cannot make it, perhaps we will see you at Wrenbury.
Regards
Graham

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Last night we had the Mr & Mrs Quiz, and what an evening it was. Four couples battled it out for the highly sought after Carriage Clock, complete with brand new Duracell battery and jewel encrusted frame; not to mention the Certificate of Superior Knowledge of each other. The participants were: Mick and Pam, Peter and Shiley, Kevan and Julie, Kirt and Marlene.
The first round was won by Kevan and Julie, Mick and Pam with perfect scores of 8 correct matches.
The final round was won by Mick and Pam with another perfect 6 out of 6, closely followed by Kevan and Julie with 5 out 6.
Thank you to everyone who came to support the event and to the contestants who took part. We hope the ticking of the clock did not disturb Mick and Pam's sleep pattern. :clap2:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
We are on our way left Bristol at 5:30 this morning now sat in the sun at neufchatel en bray.
On board we have a special consignment for a certain rufftey tuftey Prince who by his own admission is finding it hard to get it up as his temple of a body is failing him. Hopefully we have the solution on board.

See you all Wednesday

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Arrived yesterday, it is a lovely spot, so peaceful, immaculately kept, like an English country garden. Facilities basic but functional and after the heat and dryness of Spain a bit of a relief! Very friendly crowd, if your nearbye should pop in :)

So layed back its unbelievable, compared to the beurocratic nature of most french sites! Hard to explain really....:)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Oh Dear .... old age playing again ... OR City having won 6/0 makes him go out of his mind....:rolleyes:

We'll be there on THURSDAY of course!!;)(y):)
Thank goodness for that. A couple said they would be leaving on Friday. I shall put them out of their misery.

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
We will see you all Thursday and if anyone would like to buy some fresh eggs we will be bringing some with us€1.20 for six or €2 a dozen.
See you Thursday.

Last edited:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
This is JJ's parcel tracking service. The courier is at present parked up in Vendome for the evening. I may make the rest of the journey tomorrow and be with you a day earlier than planned.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Chores... I'll give you chores...

Just popped over to the local campsite to leave them a present of a tank full of some quality English/American/Portuguese poo and, rather than thanking me for honouring them with this deposit, they charged me 6 (SIX) EUROS.

Six Euros!!!

Won't be honouring them again.

Which reminds me...
does the wonderful Twin Lakes Camping Emporium have a "drive over" facility for Rufty Tufty holding tank vans?

JJ :cool:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
does the wonderful Twin Lakes Camping Emporium have a "drive over" facility for Rufty Tufty holding tank vans?
Not that I could see - all I was aware of was a 9" square hole under the hedge round the back of the toilet/shower block. You'd have a job to drive a quad bike over it, never mind a classic Hymer. There is a waste pipe by the roadside in the other field, but I rather suspect that is for grey waste only. Even so, it's not 'drive over' - a connecting pipe would be needed.

Best to arrive empty(ish) unless Graham pops up to say I wasn't looking where I was going. Who knows what I might have put my foot in?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back