Rally Twin Lakes - France Meet 2017 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi
Good mornings Graham, Thankyou for the mail, could you please book us for the three weeks from the 8 to 28th
We would appreciate EHU, if you have a cancellation list
Kind Regards
Ron &Jeanette
Consider that done.
There are no EHU available durng the first two weeks however, the third week will be no problem.
If you need anything charged it will be no problem as there are several sockets around the site.
Look forward to meeting you both. :france:

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Graham please can you put us down for the Twin Lakes Rally we will be coming with Roncab from 6th - 28th Sept. our emai is sandahiggins@yahoo.co.uk tel 07846865439. Thank you Tony & Suzanne ( Suzton)
Consider that done.
There are no EHU available durng the first two weeks however, the third week will be no problem.
If you need anything charged it will be no problem as there are several sockets around the site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Graham
We have booked Twin lakes from 7th to 28th September when we ahould have asked for the 6th
Since our email our sister and brother in law Suzton have contacted you with a booking for the same dates.
Kind Regards
Ron & Jeanette
No problem. Noted.

Jan 25, 2015
Cheadle Hulme
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for your reply Graham understand re EHU but if anyone cancels would appreciate being considered for EHU. Looking forward to it.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Sorry, I'm unable to make this meet.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@JaG. Graham, would I be right in assuming that those booked up to the 28th, are booked directly with the site, and that the rally dates are still from the 6th - 20th, as per the first post on every page?

Cheers for now,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Not quite. The rally is 6th to 20th.
If you want to stay longer you just pay Garry for the last odd days when you are there after the end of the rally.
Regards
Graham and Jean

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi @JaG, really sorry to say that we are going to have to cancel our booking along with @Muriel due to unforseen circumstances.
We were really looking forward to it.... Maybe next year.
Thanks, Terry

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Ok Terry,
Thanks for letting us know. I will cancel both yourself and Muriel.
Hope to see you next year.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@JaG, realise there is probably a waiting list for EHU, but with the recent withdrawals hope the reserve list is going down. Can I please ask therefore to be added to the EHU waiting list.

Thanks

Reactions: JaG

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Carol @Cal54 if you look at page 7 on this thread, you and I are already in red (waiting list for EHU).

2 have now come off EHU, so fingers crossed.

@J&G can you confirm up to date situation re EHU please. Thanks

Veronica

Last edited:
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
@JaG, realise there is probably a waiting list for EHU, but with the recent withdrawals hope the reserve list is going down. Can I please ask therefore to be added to the EHU waiting list.

Thanks
Carol @Cal54 if you look at page 7 on this thread, you and I are already in red (waiting list for EHU).

2 have now come off EHU, so fingers crossed.

@J&G can you confirm up to date situation re EHU please. Thanks

Veronica
Certainly.
Cal54 is next on list followed by yourself. You should be OK by the time of the rally as some peoples situations change. :france:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Veronica, @Trixie - we can always share and use the split charger. I think this is what Terry and Muriel had been planning to do.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Eurotunnel now booked, so please book us in from the 6th for a week.
EHU reserve list, please.

Dave & Alison (& Zoe the golden)
w2f Hi Dave & Alison
Booked you in for the week commencing 6th September.
Put you on the EHU list, though there are a lot on the reserve list.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Latest up to date list of attendees.
You may find you are in two locations if EHU is only available on the second week.
Check your location as it will help if you quote it when you arrive to ease us in locating you quickly.
Further lists will be issued at a later date as the list changes.

EHU Reserve List
Cal54
Trixie
Lindyloo52
Bessie600
Captainryan
Daved2524
LAM
SueTayBon
retiringjoyce
Alfieplustwo
Brewery Dave
Jimbohorlicks
Jillytots
roncab
Suzton
DABurleigh

TwinLakes_006.jpg

TwinLakes_007.jpg

TwinLakes_008.jpg

TwinLakes_009.jpg

Last edited:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@JaG - Graham, I note from the above list that @Lindyloo52 isn't listed. Please see pages 13/14 for confirmation of dates. Linda is currently without Internet access.

Thanks.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
@JaG - Graham, I note from the above list that @Lindyloo52 isn't listed. Please see pages 13/14 for confirmation of dates. Linda is currently without Internet access.

Thanks.
No problem. I will add her this evening. Thanks for letting me know.
I have also added to EHU list.
Updated 2030hrs.....List updated

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
HI GRAHAM @jean

IS THERE ANY AVAILABIILITYS WITHIN THE TWO WEEKS MEET AS WE HAVE NEVER BEEN ON THE CONTINENT AND COULD WE TRAVEL WITH ANYONE OR IF YOU COULD GIVE US ROUTE. THANKS
SAMMY@RHIAN SAILOR@ANCHOR

Lindyloo52

Free Member
Mar 28, 2015
Cambs
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi jag cal54 said I wasn't on the list, just checking again to make sure 6 to 13th, thankyou

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
HI GRAHAM @jean

IS THERE ANY AVAILABIILITYS WITHIN THE TWO WEEKS MEET AS WE HAVE NEVER BEEN ON THE CONTINENT AND COULD WE TRAVEL WITH ANYONE OR IF YOU COULD GIVE US ROUTE. THANKS
Yes there are always spaces as it is a big site, as long as you can manage without EHU. You have chosen one of the best rallies as a 'first' as there are loads of seasoned Funsters, as well as at least a dozen 'first timers' and every single one of them will help you out all the way.
After 30 minutes of travelling on the continent you will wonder why you never did it years ago...it is so much easier than here.
Someone will pick up this post and advise on all the routes available and best for them. Personally, as it is your first time abroad I would say keep to the primary routes. Our first time to Twin Lakes we took our time and went Folkestone to Calais, took the A16/A28 to Rouen and stayed overnight, A28 down to Sees and stayed the night (lovely little town to look around. A municipal site and opposite fuel and supermarket and near restaurants) then through Le Mans on the A28/A10 and stayed at Poitiers, visiting Futuroscope while there. From there we went to Twin Lakes via the A10/D730....a doddle of a route but a bit expensive as it is a lot of motorway. Once you have done this first time you will not do the motorway, just the N roads, which are as good.
You can do the journey in 2 days comfortably if you want to as well, about 250 miles a day. Everyone has their own preferences.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi jag cal54 said I wasn't on the list, just checking again to make sure 6 to 13th, thankyou
Yes you are on the list and have been put just below Cal54 on the EHU waiting list. An initial error on my part but corrected now.
See you there. :welcome3:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
HI GRAHAM @jean

Hi I will be crossing from Portsmouth to le Havre on 31st August en route to Twin lakes ,stopping at several place as I work south .you are welcomee to join me .Roy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back