Rally Twin Lakes - France Meet 2017 (1 Viewer)

akelly

Free Member
Feb 6, 2015
Bridgend
Funster No
MH
RV Hi Top
Exp
6 Years
Hi all
Thanks so much for your welcome at our first meet at Twin Lakes. We had a brilliant time. Special thanks to Graham and Jean for all your hard work
Thanks to Viv and Chris for recommending Riva Bella site near Caen...settled in with a glass or two
Got emotional walking from the site to Pegasus bridge where my Dad crossed during the liberation. Didn't know it was here. Took some memorable pics
Thanks again
Hope to see you next year......where's my stethoscope ‍⚕️
Allan Sheila and Jazz

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Thought we would visit Twin Lakes for a leisurely few days whilst in France.:france:How wrong we were :doh:
Jean of J&G held morning craft sessions which OH attended. Then quick lunch and line up for the Petanque sessions in the afternoon. Something to eat then in the evening eyes down for Bingo, or Play your cards right, or Mr & Mrs, or a raffle,or a music quiz, Dabhand on guitar and Canopus on echo box ? etc. There was Kangaroo racing, fishing competition, Cruft's show for the mass of dogs, etc. etc. and I left before the programme was finished !!
:party:
Proper Fish and Chips, a hog roast, free wi-fi, delivery of fresh baguettes and complimentary pastries. :clap2:

DO NOT ATTEND THIS MEET IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A QUIET BREAK :Eeek:
But if you are looking for a grand time with plenty to do and good company, make sure you book for next year. Thanks to Jean, Graham and all the Marshalls, Gary (Host) and his helpers.
The organisation was such that it never rained once :pinocchio:
Also thanks to the Belgian representatives Dirk for music quiz and Ronaldo and wife for their culinary input and their lovely humorous nature.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Just got home (eventually) from our rally at Twin Lakes, both Jen and I would like to thank Jan and Graham for arranging such a great rally,It was our first abroad with the Funsters, met and made friends with lots of folks too.
Something on in the bar most nights where a laugh was had by all in attendance !! drinks flow, quize's took place with willing participants, played bingo and won !! ditto at the Chinese raffle and again won , a carriage clock (btw keeps good time too)
So many thanks again for a great time and we have already booked for a repeat next year !!!
Also a very big thank you to the site owner Garry and staff for allowing us to take over his bar ! , the bread in the morning was also much appreciated and lastly for the generous use of his car to nip too the supermarket !! wonderful man !!
Roll on 2018 !!

Jan 5, 2017
brinklow warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Romahome duo hylo
Exp
since 2016
The sun shines everywhere at Twin Lakes, all the time. :france::rofl:[

I have only just had time to come on the site after my Twin Lakes holiday. Ok , the weather wasn't the best, but the people were soo welcoming and I had a great time.
I especially want to mention Graham and Jean and all the wonderful entertainment they put on .
Also Tom, Jen and Jake for letting me tag on to their trip down.
I have to say that joining Motorhomefun is the best thing I did and as a single person its wonderful to be surrounded by such friendly folks.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Is this rally being rearranged for 2018? if not ,cant understand why its still high up on the planned scheduled rally list...Jim please advise.
Many Thanks

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Is this rally being rearranged for 2018? if not ,cant understand why its still high up on the planned scheduled rally list...Jim please advise.
Many Thanks
Yes it is being run in 2018. It is high up because people are still posting. If you post it goes right back to the top, as I have done by answering your query.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi Graham and Jean hope you are enjoying the weather and not getting too brown .lol. anyway as I shall be at my winter home (static) at Thiviers next year I would like to pop in to twin lakes for a few days whilst mooching around the countryside ....Roy

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Graham and Jean hope you are enjoying the weather and not getting too brown .lol. anyway as I shall be at my winter home (static) at Thiviers next year I would like to pop in to twin lakes for a few days whilst mooching around the countryside ....Roy
It will be lovely to see you Roy. Call in any time and stay as long as you want.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Tomorrow Jean and myself will be presenting a cheque for £1,050.00 to our local Air Ambulance.
The money was raised by Funsters and Twin Lakes Caravan Park during the Rally Meet. A fantastic amount. Jean and myself would like to thank everyone involved in raising the funds.
See you all next year.

20171123_181941.jpg

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
A big well done to all the fund raisers at this Twin Lakes Event, especially for such a much needed underfunded resource. Hard to believe that this resource is not fully funded by the government, as we all know that its what can be done in the 1st crucial hour after an accident, that determines whether a life is saved or not.
Give us the nod if and when you intend to repeat this experience and you will have our full support.
TinaL & Les

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
A big well done to all the fund raisers at this Twin Lakes Event, especially for such a much needed underfunded resource. Hard to believe that this resource is not fully funded by the government, as we all know that its what can be done in the 1st crucial hour after an accident, that determines whether a life is saved or not.
Give us the nod if and when you intend to repeat this experience and you will have our full support.
TinaL & Les
It will be repeated at next year's meet, which was posted yesterday.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Tomorrow Jean and myself will be presenting a cheque for £1,050.00 to our local Air Ambulance.
The money was raised by Funsters and Twin Lakes Caravan Park during the Rally Meet. A fantastic amount. Jean and myself would like to thank everyone involved in raising the funds.
See you all next year.

View attachment 198430
Well done Graham and Jean for making this possible with your personal efforts ...Roy

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
if it's your winter home, does that mean i can have it in the summer?:)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Kevan you will be able to rent it .at reduced rates of course. Nice. 4 acre lake on site with carp etc ...will update a bit more when I have a better idea of running costs .
Mmmmm, can you count me in on info of where it is and costs, etc at diferent times of year. We may well be interested too...when Kevan is not there of course, lol.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Mmmmm, can you count me in on info of where it is and costs, etc at diferent times of year. We may well be interested too...when Kevan is not there of course, lol.
Of course Graham. Its just north of perigueux . And you would be welcome even if I am still in residence .its got three bedrooms so no problem .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back