Rally Twin Lakes - France Meet 2017 (1 Viewer)

Chris S-S

Free Member
Aug 15, 2016
Mobile
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
on and off 20 years
14980731241581469413471.jpg
it's relaxed and tranquil here at the minute!

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Vicars and Tarts & Professional Karaoke Evening
For those who are going to be at Twin Lakes on 18th September - it is only 12 weeks and 2 days before the big night. Have you got your outfits, or started to collect the necessary?
Last year we had over 30 dressed up for the Hawaiin Evening. Can we beat that this year?
Remember the Ladies are the Vicar's (only requirement is a white collar, the rest is up to you. The men are the Tarts so, those who wish to participate...dress to kill, lol.

Other Reminders
  • Bring your Kites if you have one. We will pick a day of wind to fly them all.
  • Special Ladies Fishing Contest. You are fishing for theMARLENE TROPHY, in memory of Marlene, the best fisherwoman you will have ever met.
  • Auction Night - You bring your stuff you want to donate to charity and we auction it off for you . You get 50% of the proceeds to go to your charity and 50% goes to the Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance.
Arrivals
It would be appreciated that if possible you can plan your arrival times between 9am and 6pm. If you are going to be later than 6pm just give us a ring - number will be given nearer the time. If you arrive before 9am....Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

IMG_4383.JPG

ValC

Free Member
Apr 19, 2016
Leverstock green herts
Funster No
MH
Carthago C compact
Exp
10 yrs
Please can you book me and my dog onto this rally for the first week, i.e. 6-13th September. Please put me on the reserve list for EHU. Many thanks !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Please can you book me and my dog onto this rally for the first week, i.e. 6-13th September. Please put me on the reserve list for EHU. Many thanks !
You have already booked on the meet on 21st May. Amended to one week. The EHU reserve list has been closed as there are 16 on it already. Look forward to seeing you.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Well, all I can say is the best of luck to all those going to Twin Lakes. What a dump and as for the Gestapo owner, well, heaven help you. We were there during the month of February, following a recommendation from that trouble maker the Very @old-mo EcclesCakeMan. Garry is indeed unusual look, here is a few examples.

He only gets up early only once a day to go and buy bread and tasties, which is not really good enough.
He only went out every other day to personally buy my wife fresh fruit, which she consumes at a fast rate of knots.
You have to beg him to take the money you owe him.
Payment for the pitch is something that seems to happen in a somewhat haphazard manner.
He only lets you borrow his car if no one else is already borrowing it.
He had the cheek to redecorate the bar whilst we were there.
He has a passion for walking around the site with a shotgun trying to terminate moles.
Those lakes are ok I suppose. Lady Faith seemed to enjoy walking around them.
Etc, etc, etc

All in all not a very pleasant experience, so, the very best of luck to all those going, because you are going to need it. :)

Last edited:

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Wish we were going. We know everyone will have a great time. Best wishes to Graham, Jean, Garry, Jan and everyone else we will miss this year.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Yes please book me in , if any ehu's come up please bear us in mind .. Thanks
HI,
Still not received any notification as to dates you want to be booked in for. Can you please advise as soon as possible.
Thanks

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Well, all I can say is the best of luck to all those going to Twin Lakes. What a dump and as for the Gestapo owner, well, heaven help you. We were there during the month of February, following a recommendation from that trouble maker the Very @old-mo EcclesCakeMan. Garry is indeed unusual look, here is a few examples.

He only gets up early only once a day to go and buy bread and tasties, which is not really good enough.
He only went out every other day to personally buy my wife fresh fruit, which she consumes at a fast rate of knots.
You have to beg him to take the money you owe him.
Payment for the pitch is something that seems to happen in a somewhat haphazard manner.
He only lets you borrow his car if no one else is already borrowing it.
He had the cheek to redecorate the bar whilst we were there.
He has a passion for walking around the site with a shotgun trying to terminate moles.
Those lakes are ok I suppose. Lady Faith seemed to enjoy walking around them.
Etc, etc, etc

All in all not a very pleasant experience, so, the very best of luck to all those going, because you are going to need it. :)
What a strange post. Initially I could not make out whether you had been happy
there or not.
I have come to the conclusion you did like it, and have just lost the plot. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Wish we were going. We know everyone will have a great time. Best wishes to Graham, Jean, Garry, Jan and everyone else we will miss this year.
And we will all certainly miss you also.
Have a lovely time on your special celebration. xx

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
HI,
Still not received any notification as to dates you want to be booked in for. Can you please advise as soon as possible.
Thanks
Sorry Graham ,thought I had advised , we will be with you on the 13th thru to the 20th.
Cheers
Jim

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Is this rally good for fishing? If so are there any spaces?

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Is this rally good for fishing? If so are there any spaces?
This site IS fishing. There are two lakes stocked with Carp up to around 30lb, averaging 15 to 20lb, tench around 2-3lb, roach.perch. Fishing is included inyour site fees.
Yes we do have vacancies, though no EHU.
Please advise of dates if you wish to attend.

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Bit of advice please. Is it worth taking our electric bikes down with us? We are only going to the meet and returning to UK

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Jean and Graham,

We've booked our tunnel and are heading down to Portugal so it would be rude not to visit! Please could we come for 3 nights from 11th September? If the date altered by a day either way would it matter?

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Jean and Graham,

We've booked our tunnel and are heading down to Portugal so it would be rude not to visit! Please could we come for 3 nights from 11th September? If the date altered by a day either way would it matter?

That would be no problem. Look forward to seeing you. :france:

Reactions: Ven
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Bit of advice please. Is it worth taking our electric bikes down with us? We are only going to the meet and returning to UK
Yes, it certainly is worthwhile. The road to Montendre is reasonably flat and not too busy. There are many back lanes leading from Twin Lakes with some lovely country scenery of villas, forestry, etc. You can safely cycle out 10 - 15 miles on quiet back roads.

PAT N PAUL

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato MWB selfbuild
Exp
1 year
Hi heading down to twin lakes for the meet in september, channel tunnel on the 4th, as anyone got the best route down there ? rather not use tolls if possible. and a nice overnight place to park up on the way down would be good.
regards landyman (paul)

Reactions: JaG

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
i know it's variable and unpredictable, but just wondering what the average temperature might be there at the time of the meet..
i know that apoarently last year it was stonkingly hot..:sun::sun::sun:

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
i know it's variable and unpredictable, but just wondering what the average temperature might be there at the time of the meet..
i know that apoarently last year it was stonkingly hot..:sun::sun::sun:
Average temperature is around 28C. :clap2: :cheers:
:reel: No rain forecast for the full two weeks. :france:

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Naive question...
Have a 8m m/h plus bike rack.
9feet 6ins high and 8ft wide inc mirrors
Bit of a overhang at back.
Any problems with euro tunnel route in this vehicle that I should consider?
First trip to Europe

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Naive question...
Have a 8m m/h plus bike rack.
9feet 6ins high and 8ft wide inc mirrors
Bit of a overhang at back.
Any problems with euro tunnel route in this vehicle that I should consider?
First trip to Europe
No problem at all. It is virtually flat onto the trains and plenty of width as well.

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Hello......... how do we go about booking, we're flexible, with our dates !

Looking for 6th till around 17th, maybe longer, EHU a bonus but not essential if in high demand

Alistair

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hello......... how do we go about booking, we're flexible, with our dates !

Looking for 6th till around 17th, maybe longer, EHU a bonus but not essential if in high demand

Alistair
:welcome3:We will book you in for those dates. EHU may be possible during second week only.
Look forward to meeting you. :france:

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi heading down to twin lakes for the meet in september, channel tunnel on the 4th, as anyone got the best route down there ? rather not use tolls if possible. and a nice overnight place to park up on the way down would be good.
regards landyman (paul)
We are going on the tunnel, travelling via Rouen, stopping at Sees Municipal site overnight, which is about 250 miles down. Folling day down to Twin Lakes via N10.
We will not be doing tolls if we can help it. Just go onto Michelin Maps and put in Montendre via Rouen and Sees with no toll roads.

Nov 14, 2009
Pagham Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis T688
Exp
With no ELC on the pitch is there anywhere on site to charges electric bikes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!