Free Member
May 4, 2010
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
20 years
hi could anyone recommend a twin bed van we are thinking of changing from a front lounge due to age related problems must be under 6.5 meters any type panel a class etc thank you terry.

Apr 23, 2015
berkshire
Funster No
MH
autocruise gleneagle
Exp
since 2005
Ours can be two singles with no effort or a king size. It’s is 7 metres though. Has rear shower-room/dressing room with wardrobes. Huge living area. ???? If you wd like more info just let me know .

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Quite a few 6.4 metre panel van conversions with longitudinal fixed twin beds at the back.

We've got a Rapido V68 ( https://www.rapido-motorhome.co.uk/motorhome_vans_vans_v68.chtml ); and the Globecar Campscout with the same/similar layout is very popular amongst Funsters on here.

But there are other converters that use the same extra long Fiat Ducato and offer similar internal design of van conversion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 21, 2016
Pyrenees France
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact Access
Exp
Since 2017
We have the Adria Twin 640 SL.
Has twin beds, but could be made into a big king size, but like the to not have to make up beds each evening. Also lots of storage space beneath the beds.
Just under 6.4 m.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We have an IH 630RD and although we make up the bed it can be used as two longitudinal singles. The lounge is a lovely comfy U shape giving lots of storage. It’s a PVC. We love it.

OP
OP
T

tandc

Free Member
May 4, 2010
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
20 years
Thank you we can have two singles in the van we have got but we want fixed singles but thank you for your reply terry.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Adria 640, Rapido V68, Carado Vlow, Weinsberg,Knaus, Sun Living, ALL have fixed single bed vans with dinette up- front and storage under beds

All of them based on 6.36 metre van

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Terry

I suppose the first question is how do you intend to use it as this may determine whether a PVC would be more suitable (ie like to go down narrow roads, out of the way, easier to drive) or a wider coachbuilt/a-class giving a bit more internal space but which may not allow you to access some places.

What MH have you currently got?

OP
OP
T

tandc

Free Member
May 4, 2010
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
20 years
Hi have got a tracker eks this is my second tracker I have had five vans altogether over the last 20 years all with the same layout front lounge no problems with narrow roads as I live by the Lake District so I am used to them but due to age related problems it would be easier with fixed beds thank you for your reply terry.

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
We had a 1997 Hymer 572 with twin beds and was 6.6 metres so you may be lucky to find one.
what is 10 cm between friends.....

Dazzler1969

Free Member
Jul 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
S&L Atlanta PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Terry,
We were looking at the EKS and decided on the Pilote 650GJ, single twin beds and plenty of storage practically the same size as your eks. I wanted a PVC but my wife wanted the slightly wider coachbuilt.
Hope you find what you want.
Darren

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
@Dazzler1969 got in before me, we have a Pilote P650GJ and I love the single beds. The main thing I wanted when we started looking was fixed beds that I didn't have to make up every night.

OP
OP
T

tandc

Free Member
May 4, 2010
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
20 years
Thank you I will look at the pilote as long as it is 6.50 or less terry

OP
OP
T

tandc

Free Member
May 4, 2010
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
20 years
Had a look at the pilote on the internet looks nice we would ideally like a panel van but are a bit worried about the space as the eks is quite roomy inside but we are at the stage where we could do with fix beds this is our second eks so we obviously like them but just think fixed beds would be easier. Thank you for all your answers terry.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This may be a daft question, but if you swivel the cab seats fully round, could you sleep on the sofas with your feet on the cab seats?

OP
OP
T

tandc

Free Member
May 4, 2010
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
20 years
We can sleep on the sofas without swivelling the seats round I have made an extension for my side Chris my wife doesn’t need one it is more for the comfort of the fixed beds and the inconvenience of messing making them at home we have to have rempur mattresses for comfort due to problems Chris has got a duvalay topper but still not comfortable thank you terry.

OP
OP
T

tandc

Free Member
May 4, 2010
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
20 years
Hi minxy girl did you downsize if so how did you find it and do you like your panel van terry.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hi minxy girl did you downsize if so how did you find it and do you like your panel van terry.
Hi Terry

A bit of background - we have been 'up and down' a few times! We went from Commer Autosleeper to a converted ambulance, to an Elddis 320 (dinette & side sofe) to a 5.99m Swift standard (same layout) to a 5.53m fixed French bed Rapido 709F which we loved it, but when we stared to do longer holidays and especially over winter we found the front kitchen a bit too cramped - it was so small the hob had to be installed with the burners front to back rather than side to side!). We intended to go back up to 6m but eventually hubby fell in love with a Rimor ... with a transverse bed (TB)... at 7.24m! It was great and we kept it for a number of years but were dithering about going to a PVC about 3 years later but couldn't at the time convince ourselves it was 'right' for us so we got a 6m Chausson Flash 04 (TB) but it was chubby at 2.3m which we found restricted us a bit on where we wanted to go so we 'downsized' to an Autocruise Accent PVC (front half-dinette and TB or rear lounge) 3 years later and whilst it was good it wasn't ideal.

A friend had a Globecar FamilyScout L which we thought was great so after a lot of though we eventually got one - it had an 'L' lounge and TB. We only changed as we found we didn't use the lounge area as much as we thought we would and getting in/out of the bed wasn't so easy for me, so last year we got our current Globecar Campscout with twin singles, or a massive king! It was ultimately the single beds that made us change and they are lovely and comfy and easy to get in/out of as they have steps up to them.

We use the bed area as a separate lounging/slobbing out space, in fact that's where we watch TV on a night with our dogs snuggling round us. It means we have 2 separate 'lounging' areas which is great when we want our own space (peace and quiet!) for a while, or want a nap without being disturbed. Some people see fixed beds as a waste of space, to us they are a vital part of the layout and make them a more versatile space. With the Campscout you're 'supposed' to lay with your heads to the rear (near the back doors) but we actually sleep the opposite way which means we use the washroom and kitchen/fridge cabinet sides as 'headboards' which works really well so getting in/out is a doddle.

OP
OP
T

tandc

Free Member
May 4, 2010
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
20 years
Hi minxy girl thank you for the information we think we will probably go for a panel van so thank you for your help we like the Globecar and the adria twin we will have to do a bit more research this year ones again thank you for your help terry.

OP
OP
T

tandc

Free Member
May 4, 2010
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
20 years
We would only swop what we have got for fixed twin beds the 630rl is rear lounge thank you terry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back