TV's Help me. Buy & Fit Questions (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
So. We want a TV fitting in our Swift Escape 696

It has an Ariel and booster in the wardrobe. There is an Ariel socket opposite the dining table and a 230v plug socket.

No TV mount or previous holes. Motorhome is a year old. Guessing all the work was specked from the factory but first owner never fitted one. He only did 2000miles in total so makes sense.

I want to go out and buy and fit it myself if I can. Happy to pay for a fitter if the same shop I buy the stuff from can throw it all in for me but I don't really want 2 party's involved if I can help it.

So my first question. Where to buy a mount that gives is freedom to aim it up down left and right to our choosing with good freedom of movement.

2nd Mouning it. Do they come with fitting kits? Do I just sqrew it into the wall of the van? Don't want to go too deep for obvious reason. And is the wall strong enough to take the load as is? Have hung them on house walls before but that's bricks and mortar and can just go to town with over the top expanding bolts and the like.

3rd I/we would prefer a TV with built in DVD player to save the need for a separate unit and twin plug adaptor and 2nd draw on the electrics.

O and size wise not huge but not tiny. Prefer LED as they tend to be lighter I think and less power draw I would imagine.

If you can help with links and info etc that would be great.

We live in Sheffield. Thanks

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
Hi again David. Living in Sheffield as you do, I would pop down to Towsure. Have a look at their website. They sell Avtex TVs and mounting brackets. The Black Friday sale still seems to be on. They can help with advice or point you in the direction you need for fitting.
Regards, Mike

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Can you find put where they normally fit them as standard in your model?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
Hi Sue. As yet we have not made the transition to MH but in the caravan we have 2 TVs fitted either side of a central wardrobe. The brackets came fitted as standard and are the clip-on type, sliding on from the top. The TV is then screwed on with 4 screws. It means I can remove them for travel very quickly. Hope I understood your question correctly. We bought our TVs from John Lewis with a 5 year warranty.
Regards, Mike

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Where to buy a mount that gives is freedom to aim it up down left and right to our choosing with good freedom of movement.

Remember you have to have it locked during transit or all hell breaks loose. Don't ask how I know.

ebay, thousands of TV mounts. All modern TVs have standard holes at the back for screwing to mounts.
Don't overlook the supermarkets for cheap TVs.

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
Hello again. I've just looked at Practical Motorhome's Youtube video of your MH and from what I can see you will be able to mount a bracket next to the sockets. This is the bulkhead between the passenger seat and the living area. Choose the mount that will allow you to position the TV right and left to give a better viewing area. I believe there will be you, your wife little daughter and dog. Choose where you will be sitting and select a bracket that suits. As hilldweller says, never travel with the TV in situ. It's only a couple of minutes to unscrew it if you cannot get the slide-on type of bracket. Make up the relevant cables, or buy made-up ones and away you go. Hope this helps. Regards, Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks for the info there guys.
I did watch the video and yea the bulkhead between passenger seat and lounge looks an ideal place to mount it. Will just have to look carefully at the bolts/screws that do it so they are strong but also don't pose a hazard into the cab.

Think Avtek will probably get my money. Just need to see a few screens to decide what size to go for as its hard to tell by looking online. Don't need anything massive but then don't want a large postage stamp size either.
Took a run to Towsure Leisure in Sheffield today but they were out of stock of a lot of stuff TV wise which was a shame. Ill check back after the new year I think.
Shame I can't get it in for test night Wednesday but will be nice ready for the first long trip in 2017

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

mercianman

Free Member
Mar 4, 2016
Newport Pagnell
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 696
Exp
We have ours mounted in our 696 near the 12v socket behind the passenger seat. It was an Aldi tv with dvd built in. works a treat.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
IMG_3373.JPG
We have ours mounted in our 696 near the 12v socket behind the passenger seat. It was an Aldi tv with dvd built in. works a treat.
Mr mercianmam
You were not wrong with your mount idea.

We picked it up on Thursday and 90% fitted it that evening. Just been down there for final tweeking and am very happy with it.

It's removable also which is nice so we can keep it in the house for safety.

Can you guess the movie? My favourite.

Can't wait to test it out over new year

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back