TVB-T2 antenna & TV aerials (1 Viewer)

Masham

Free Member
Jul 28, 2018
Wensleydale
Funster No
We've just put a deposit on a Hymer which when you read the list of kit, mentions a DVB-T2 antenna. We didn't actually know what this meant, having always had a status aerial in previous vans and thought that it was to do with the radio!

As we had been also looking at a Dethleffs with a satellite dish on the top, we presumed that because we had chosen the Hymer with no obvious status aerial or dish on the roof that we would need to buy an aerial.

When we said to the salesman that we wanted a status aerial fitting, he was happy to oblige. However, I've done a bit of research and thanks to advice on here from @Lenny HB I have discovered that we do not in fact need another aerial. The DVB-T2 should be ok for telly watching.

Is anyone else using the DVB-T2 for their sole TV aerial?

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
It’s a generic term for a TV aerial nowadays (Digital Video Broadcasting — Second Generation Terrestrial)

It’s all you need to watch free to air digital television

Rgds

Jim

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Becks fitted a Status to my new Hymer as they said the factory fitted tv aerial was "rubbish". I have since found out that it's actually a good aerial but as I now have the Status as well they disconnected it. There are two separate aerial feed and powered boosters provided as well for DAB radio and fm, but these are hidden under the dash. It took my fitter ages to find the DAB wire on Friday when installing a new radio but it was there hidden in a mass of wires.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Surely we will have online TV when we are travelling abroad soon ? The digital aerial and satellite systems are pretty much useless when you get halfway into France.
Is there a way ?
Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back