TV

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by NIC S, Apr 23, 2010.

1. NIC S

NIC S

Ratings:
    +0
    Will the wind up type arial work with a digital signal,if not can it be modified or would it need replacing.I'm not sure of the make its has a small winding handle inside with a outer ring with pointer to rotate,on the outside it has two alloy box sections as supports and the top bit is white with two flat plates,A rubbish desription but I hope someone can identify from this,Cheers

2. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Ratings:
    +256
    That sounds remarkably like the American Winnguard aerial, and if so yes it'll get digi fine (well ours does). You can get a widget to attach to the head that's supposed to boost signal but I'm not sure if it's really makes any difference(we bought one:Blush:).
    Only thing, if it is the Winnguard make sure the amplifier is turned on.

Funny thing recently, trying to watch F1 couldn't get a stable signal with the aerial up but we have one of those signal finders and as I put the aerial back down noticed the signal strenght went up, and hey presto stable signal, aerial down and in the correct stowed position, odd eh?

3. chatter

chatter

Ratings:
    +941
    yep ours works ok too, well it did the last time i used it, had a smashing pic on the tv a lot better than those flying saucer thingys

4. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +48,039
    Are they expensive