Feb 26, 2012
merthyr tydfil
Funster No
MH
sprinter conversion
Exp
5 years
hi all
does anyone use a usb stick for recording and playback ,if so any recommendations
will be muchly appreciated

neil+kaye

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
do u mean your tv can record with a usb stick ?

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
Iuse a 64 gig bought from my memory for 14 pounnds
pete

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I use a 32 GB SanDisk

gives about 13 hours video in standard definition,

average movie is 2-4 GB

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I used to carry loads of CDs but since I bought the TV with the USB port, I now have loads of films and quite a few TV series that I downloaded before leaving home. As USB memory sticks have become cheaper and I have replaced mine with bigger memory, I finished up with 6 smaller memory sticks, so loaded them up. Great space saving bit of kit.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I currently use an HP memory stick. Theres a lot of different ones out there and I don't think theres much difference.

If buying one try and get one that holds a lot of memory like 64g, and watch the read and write speeds.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
I use a 1 terabit portable hard drive
£45 as I remember on buyer
Get loads more on there when I can remember how to transfer the dvds

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
if its from a dvd 1st u need to convert them to a avi or a divx :Smile:

OP
OP
B

bonouk1

Free Member
Feb 26, 2012
merthyr tydfil
Funster No
MH
sprinter conversion
Exp
5 years
Thanks for the help guys.
I am buying a new tv.and it says you can pause and rewind live tv
Plus
record .but you need a usb stick.
I was wondering what stick to get.

OP
OP
B

bonouk1

Free Member
Feb 26, 2012
merthyr tydfil
Funster No
MH
sprinter conversion
Exp
5 years
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Don't know what your TV is. Ours in the van is a Cello, like many have, and it will record to a memory stick. In fact it came with one with the manual on it. It only seems to record what you're watching though, so limited usefulness but will play back AVI files recorded elsewhere.

I take films on a terabyte passport drive, which will hold hundreds. (I think I have about 150 and still bags of room)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
so i will be able to record from the tv with this stick?

yes its the tv that has the function for recording all this is is a hard drive :Smile:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
any stick is ok for this function i never use to large a stick because it can take a age to be read but around 64gig should be enough
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kingston-...sh-Drive-Memory-Stick-Pen-Thumb-/281274949962
this is a good stick

Bill is correct but as I stated earlier make sure you know the minimum size, I have 2 Tv's that use a Usb stick one is minimum 32gb the other is 64gb. I made the mistake and had to buy another stick :Doh:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I use a 2 TB Network Storage device which is connected to my iBoost system via ethernet cable and then I can play movies or music via wifi to iPhone or TV ( with the box I use ).
On returning from trip out I update the storage device with new movies, TV shows and music. All runs of 12 volts as well.

I'm currently working on a "Plex" system which will allow me ( or anyone I give the details too ) to access all my movies/TV shows/music on the home network server from anywhere via the internet. If I get is working will I will post on here my findings.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
from someone who is easily confused with technology, being born in an era before computers or telephones, I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction :Doh: our TV in the MH has a slot for playing DVD's one side and a red, yellow and white socket the other side. Is there a device I can load with films that will plug in to the red, yellow and white sockets to save me having to work out how to download all my films on to DVD's?

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
from someone who is easily confused with technology, being born in an era before computers or telephones, I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction :Doh: our TV in the MH has a slot for playing DVD's one side and a red, yellow and white socket the other side. Is there a device I can load with films that will plug in to the red, yellow and white sockets to save me having to work out how to download all my films on to DVD's?

does your tv also have a hdmi socket the red yellow and white sockets are the rca which as far as i know there is no device for playing dvd that uses this it will be ok for a camcorder and possible digital camera but not a hard drive or a usb stick
if you are going to newark look me up i will check for you while there :Smile:

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
red and white for sound yellow for video forgot to put that in :roflmto:

OP
OP
B

bonouk1

Free Member
Feb 26, 2012
merthyr tydfil
Funster No
MH
sprinter conversion
Exp
5 years
yes its the tv that has the function for recording all this is is a hard drive :Smile:

ahh that is the answer i was looking for,

this is the tv i am thinking of buying on ebay 171208726866

many thanks
neil+kaye

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
this tv also has a hdmi port so if u have a laptop which is hdmi as well just plug the lap into the tv and watch all you need via the laptop to the tv

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
that tv also is x display with only 6mths warrenty i would not buy that
Broken Link Removed try them

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I use a 2 TB Network Storage device which is connected to my iBoost system via ethernet cable and then I can play movies or music via wifi to iPhone or TV ( with the box I use ).
On returning from trip out I update the storage device with new movies, TV shows and music. All runs of 12 volts as well.

I'm currently working on a "Plex" system which will allow me ( or anyone I give the details too ) to access all my movies/TV shows/music on the home network server from anywhere via the internet. If I get is working will I will post on here my findings.

I look forward to seeing this post as I am very interested in doing something like that but have very limited knowledge in this field. :Eeek:
John.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I look forward to seeing this post as I am very interested in doing something like that but have very limited knowledge in this field. :Eeek:
John.

I'm currently in UK dealing with family problem and will not be back in our home in Spain until late March. As soon as I have got my feet on the ground at home I will start working on MH system. Running a "movie server" within the MH is easy enough, however running a server outside of MH to be accessed via internet is a little harder.
Any 12volt power supply system media server will work perfect in the MH. You can connect it direct to many new style TV's that have a USB port, then it will read and list what's on the hard drive. The better way however is to use the iBoost system and then you can share the hard drive across all your devices that use wifi. As I say when I get back I will write up a full description.

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
does your tv also have a hdmi socket the red yellow and white sockets are the rca which as far as i know there is no device for playing dvd that uses this it will be ok for a camcorder and possible digital camera but not a hard drive or a usb stick
if you are going to newark look me up i will check for you while there :Smile:

We can't make Newark :Sad: we had a look at the tv last night and it looks quite modern and says HD ready. There is another slot above the coloured sockets which looks about 2-3 inches long but no idea what it is. The tv is bolted to a holder so can't even see what make/model it is. Might have to unscrew it and get a better look.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back