LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
itv curent affairs series.a look at the penalties for breaking european driving laws. it stated you can be fined for stoping at zera crossing holding up traffic ...is this true? do we have right of way? do pedestrians have to cross on these after traffic is clear? i am confused :Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi bongo,

i think it depends on which type of crossing they mean.
if its a lights controlled type then yes you stop but if its the black'n'white stripe type (or whatever colours they use)then i would say if the ped is on the crossing then stop otherwise keep going.
we're too polite in this country and give way to anything.

the yanks must give way to peds when turning into a sideroad no matter what but then they can turn right, out of a sideroad, on a red light if its safe.

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
in europe they arnt zebra crossings as we know unless they have lights they are the best place to cross the road for ped because its the best vantage point to see traffic comeing in either direction and you dont have to stop as in this country to let peds cross france and spain do this a lot

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
I read in the Paper, the other day, that the French Police are pulling you over as yo come off the ferry checking that you comply with all new laws. If this is correct then I do wonder why we dont do the same.
Do the French not want our money? Of cause they do but in fines. according to Paper, reports of £100 fine for each offence.:shout:
Mind you, they have probably realised how much we enjoy being ripped off by our own Authority, the whole world wants to get in on it.

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I read in the Paper, the other day, that the French Police are pulling you over as yo come off the ferry checking that you comply with all new laws. If this is correct then I do wonder why we dont do the same.QUOTE]

I have never seen this happening

Ralph

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Thanks all for your replys, on the programme two travellers in a convoy were pulled over,for having a "Road Angel" speed camera detector,and recieved an on thewspot fine of 750 euros,they were frog marched to the hole in the wall for the money's to be informed later of pending court case where a reduction would be recieved as the fine for this offence would be far less if one does'nt attend they would keep the 750 euros,knowing that in most cases it would cost far more to return to the country for a court case .The question is does the same rule apply to sat navs?
The tv programme also interviewed ferry passengers on the Dover crossing showing french road signs and asking if they knew what they meant amazingly 90% did not know.Also it is an offence to drive a diry car in Russia what do you funsters think of that?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Sat Navs are ok as far as I know, if they have the speed camera database installed, make sure it is disabled before you travel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back