Free Member
Jan 17, 2012
Powys
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
"I'm a newbie"
I went away last week leaving the tv ariel at home determined to try out sat tv to no avail since I could not find the astra sat, Had no tv until bored with it all on the last day but one I just plugged a coax lead from the tv to the ariel socket inside the tv cupboard my tv has in built free view and lo and behold I got loads of stations remember I did not have an ariel attached. I assume from this that there is an in built ariel somewhere on the vehicle. When I purchased the vehicle the dealer assumed that I would need to buy an external ariel. Does anyone know where this in built ariel is located?

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Now that Freeview is on full power it could be that the signal in that area was strong enough to be picked up from just the co-axial on its own.

Sat TV is most probably redundant in most areas that have a good DTV signal.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
finding the Astra sat is a frustrating job when you first set about it. I have noticed that hotbird is a stronger signal and at a different azimuth, other Sat's like Amos and a few others sit close together. Once you identify one of them it is easy with the aid of a small chart to find any of the others. Each setup is different though and your box may only show Astra. It normally only takes a matter of seconds to set up once you understand the relationship of the other satellites, I'll have a look at my chart tomorrow and post it, it may help someone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back