Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
BUt would assume it uses IP geoblocking to stop you watcing UK channels outside the UK - so you will need some form of proxy / VPN to connect to UK channels from outside the UK.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
satanpcguy is right. I tried to use Zattoo from both France and Spain. In both cases it came up with a different screen from in England, lots of different channels but you had to pay for them (which I did not do).

Does anyone know of a proxy you can use so that UK Zattoo works overseas?

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Hi motorhomer

I understand that if you subscribe to "onspeed" that will provide the virtual address for you, and all is well.

www.onspeed.co.uk its as the title implies, a compression and speedup service, cost me around £12.00/year, but that was parhaps 9 years ago, bet its twice that price now.

Hope this helps.

Nomadic:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
BUt would assume it uses IP geoblocking to stop you watcing UK channels outside the UK - so you will need some form of proxy / VPN to connect to UK channels from outside the UK.

:Sad: Correct. Doesn't work even with OnSpeed in Spain. BUT, there are others. :thumb:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi motorhomer

I understand that if you subscribe to "onspeed" that will provide the virtual address for you, and all is well.

www.onspeed.co.uk its as the title implies, a compression and speedup service, cost me around £12.00/year, but that was parhaps 9 years ago, bet its twice that price now.

Hope this helps.

Nomadic:thumb:

:Sad: NO. Doesn't work with OnSPeed (now £24,95 a year) In Spain. :Blush:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks Oddjob handy freebie for UK when in the trees with dish :thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Okay, I may be being very thick here but I've just got a couple of questions:

If you use this to watch TV on your PC does it mean you have to have a mobile broadband dongle and if so, does your TV watching use up your download allowance?

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Mel short answer yes you have to be on the internet so if on a dongle yes it uses up your allowance:thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ta ... nice to see you on here (thought I'd escaped your attention ....:winky:).

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
NO way Mel as a fellow dog lover I know you must be an ok person hope your feeling better no more :boxing: and :soaobox: from me only:hug:if thats ok with you::bigsmile:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
satanpcguy is right. I tried to use Zattoo from both France and Spain. In both cases it came up with a different screen from in England, lots of different channels but you had to pay for them (which I did not do).

Some of these "third party" catchup services have agreements in their contracts / agreemnts with UK broadcaster to block VPNs and proxy servers from using their systems. TVCatchup, for example block load of VPNs, so that they dont pee off the uK broadcasters. and doubtless zatoo will have a similar agreement so thatt hey are able to continue to show UK content inthe uk and UK only.

Shore-is-Good

Free Member
Aug 26, 2008
Somewhere warm
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007

For my sins, I'm in the US of A at the mo. I use "Hide My Ass-Pro" (Google it) and it fools the TV gestapo that I'm in the UK so can watch all my favourite progs. You DO have to pay for it tho!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back