TV in awning (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Following on from the heaters in awnings thread.......how many people watch TV in their awning oblivious to the fact that they are not soundproof and their neighbours may not have the same taste in programmes.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
never, ours is fixed inside the van and we dont need any excuse to waste valuable [STRIKE]drinking[/STRIKE] quiet in the sun time:Blush:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Following on from the heaters in awnings thread.......how many people watch TV in their awning oblivious to the fact that they are not soundproof and their neighbours may not have the same taste in programmes.

And why does it always seem to be Mr & Mrs Deaf???

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
We have lots of categories on Motorhome Fun but we dont have one for Motorhome Moans :whatthe:
Maybe this should be addressed :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Not come across Mr & Mrs Loud TV in an awning yet. I am paranoid at having our TV too loud in the van to the point that the OH gets so fed up watching tv with hardly any sound! He's given up and watches on his ipad with earphones. Result!:ROFLMAO:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Never mind the awning ... we've had it being emitted so loud from within other motorhomes that we've heard every single word from the programme!

Oh, and on one campsite on the IoW many years ago we wer eone side of a hedge and a tenter was the other ... they were watching Big Brother at midnight at full volume!!! :Eeek:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We were on a site at Benicassim parked next to Spanish tuggers Mr and Mrs deaf listening to their very loud TV in their awning.
As it was spoiling what would otherwise have been a pleasant afternoon I went across to them and asked politely in Spanish if they would mind turning the TV down.
Mr deaf responded "Que?" Just like Manuel in Fawlty Towers
You can imagine how things progressed: Me asking again and again, louder each time and getting the same response. I resorted in the end to shouting in English "Turn the effing telly down!"
They seemed to understand that and did turn the TV down a bit.
Then turned it back up again 10 minutes later.

OP
OP

Deleted User
We were on a site at Benicassim parked next to Spanish tuggers Mr and Mrs deaf listening to their very loud TV in their awning.
As it was spoiling what would otherwise have been a pleasant afternoon I went across to them and asked politely in Spanish if they would mind turning the TV down.
Mr deaf responded "Que?" Just like Manuel in Fawlty Towers
You can imagine how things progressed: Me asking again and again, louder each time and getting the same response. I resorted in the end to shouting in English "Turn the effing telly down!"
They seemed to understand that and did turn the TV down a bit.
Then turned it back up again 10 minutes later.

The Spanish don't usually need TV's, not usually much silence around Spanish campers.... before any more accusations of grumpiness ( moi !!!! :ROFLMAO:) I love Spain and the Spanish, and Portugal, and France..............:thumb:

OP
OP

Deleted User
If you can hear it outside the van it's too loud.

I love music(not often got TV) and sitting, drinking, eating etc outside in the sun. I always do a walk round distance test so as not to impose my taste in music on anyone else. ::bigsmile:

Bluemerle

Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
Out and about
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
June 2012

Why have a television?.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back