TV hookup on site (1 Viewer)

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi all,

In my RV, in the top cupboard above the windscreen, I have a white faceplate with two 'F' connectors. On of them is labelled 'TV' and the lead from this goes to my free-view box which is connected to the TV. In the UK, all is fine on this setup. The faceplate also has a button with a light which I understand is the winegard masthead booster.

Now, I'm currently on a site with TV hookup on the pitch post. If I make a connection between the post and my freeview box, all is well.

BUT...

My rv has a tv hookup point on the side of the RV. It is an 'F' connector and I thought that this external connector was wired to the other 'F' connector on the aforementioned white faceplate (labelled aux/sat)

I had hoped that by connecting the pitch post to the external connector on the RV and a lead from the aux/sat connector on the faceplate to my freeview box all would be well...it's not - no signal.

Is my understanding correct of how it SHOULD work or not?

TIA

Bryan

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
You need to trace where the wire from the F connector outside goes. Easy way is to short out one end of the F connector. Do this by sticking a wire so that it touches the centre and the outside of the F conn. Then get a meter (I'm sure someone on site will have one) and check to see if you have continuity at any of the other connectors.

Hope I have made that clear.

I take it you have arrived in Zahora then?

PS just read your post again. Dont connect you freeview box try going direct to the telly.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
HI Brains
Hope you are both safe and well
Yes you are right thats how it should work If you recall during my last fight with the Winegaurd and its cables I did a full rip out and re wire, mine now works as it should,
I found the external F input was connected to nothing in the RV:Doh:
Only option is as Keith suggest and trace and re connect ,or fit a new exterior F input on the outside of a windscreen a post and run cable to box:thumb:
Geo
PS I still have 3 cables in the top cupboard I know not from wence the came nor where there journy ends

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Del-b.......Bryan,

if you remove the faceplate you will probably find another three connection points on the back.

one will be the RV antenna input, one will be for a second tv output(bedroom) and the third will be for 'shore' connection.

if its anything like mine only the RV antenna will be connected (and then wrongly)...the bedroom tv being connected to a 5 way splitter behind the 'front end' tv.

such a simply job to 'standardize' all connections but RV manufactures cant get their head round it so connect as they see fit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back