Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I asked my Spanish friend to email me the list of channels that he can get on Astra 1 at his house with a fixed dish.

This is the list he sent to me:

1º. BBC News
2º. BBC1 London
3º. BBC2 Englan
4º. BBC FOUR
5º. CBBC Channel
6º. Cbeebies
7º. CITV
8º. Community Chnl
9º. ETV5
10º. ETV6
11º. ITV
12º. ITV+1
13º. ITV2
14º. PICK TV
15º. PICK TV+1
16º. S1test
17º. Sky News
18º. Sky Nws Arabia
19º. TV Highlights

I do note that he is receiving ITV and ITV+, I forgot to ask if he has to change the language to English, but I cannot see that if he had to, it would be a problem.

I hope this helps.:thumb:

Mate as I have stated and will again he is NOT ON ASTRA 1 SATELLITE he is ASTRA 2 SATELLITE...........

Look

You cannot NOT get ITV on Astra 1 PLEASE read:

http://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-1KR-1L-1M-2C.html

Thats what you get on Astra 1.

Now Astra 2: ( which has Astra 1N ) not Astra 1....... which has: Astra 1N, Astra 2F, Astra 2A and Astra 2D

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

Looks like he/you are confused and tuned to Astra 2............

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Mate as I have stated and will again he is NOT ON ASTRA 1 SATELLITE he is ASTRA 2 SATELLITE...........

Look

You cannot NOT get ITV on Astra 1 PLEASE read:

http://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-1KR-1L-1M-2C.html

Thats what you get on Astra 1.

Now Astra 2: ( which has Astra 1N ) not Astra 1....... which has: Astra 1N, Astra 2F, Astra 2A and Astra 2D

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

Looks like he/you are confused and tuned to Astra 2............

I forgot to put the start of his email on the message, this is it:

ASTRA 1E,1F,1G CHANNELS

I will also ask him for a list of Astra 2 channels today and post the reply.

All I know is, that I was in his house and he changed his receiver from Astra 1 to Astra 2 and back again, and I WAS looking at the TV in English on his TV set on BOTH astra`s.

Now after I have posted the list for Astra 2, I will end my postings, because like you, I, 1 Do not want to get into a mud sling and 2. I REALLY dont care if everybody in the world says it is not possible, I just know what my eyes saw. Now I will agree that something might be happening (that I dont know about) that in some way makes this TV show those programs, but as much as you say that it is not possible ......I saw it.:Smile:

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
John,
On behalf of all those who have followed this thread and have benefitted from your obviously sound advice a big THANKYOU as it has ranged much further from my original thread which simply shared a personal experience of how I managed to receive TV programmes, when previously I was receiving none.

I have another question to ask. If I understand you correctly you seem to be saying when I was tuned to Astra 1 I should have been receiving some programmes even if they were in German. But when tuned to Astra 1 I was receiving no signal at all, only when I tuned to Astra 2 did I receive a signal.

I only mention this in case there is someone out there, like me, who is not receiving a signal at all!

I might also have caused confusion when I said I manually selected Astra 2, the word manual is confusing!
This is what I did.................... Raised the oyster satellite then on my white Oyster box selected "Menu" then using arrows scrolled through until I found "search manual" pressed OK and then scrolled through the listed satellites until I found Astra 2 then clicked "OK" As soon as I had done this I received TV channels via my SKY freeview box.

Realising there are many versions of the Oyster satellite system my tuning box is white with an LED display with a map of Europe; horizontal buttons starting with "On/off; menu, arrows and finishing with OK" then there are 3 vertical buttons aligned with three lines dividing Europe into north, central and southern.

I hope I am not muddying the water but this friendly thread has grown arms and legs and highlighted the problem of TV reception experienced by a lot of Funsters.

To share a concluding thought, had the system not been already fitted, and because I like things to work, I would never have gone to the bother of having TV in our mh, if I want TV I can stay at home and watch. The whole purpose of having a mh is to get away not to transfer a fixed home to a home on wheels.

Norman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
I forgot to put the start of his email on the message, this is it:

[HI]ASTRA 1E,1F,1G CHANNELS[/HI]

I will also ask him for a list of Astra 2 channels today and post the reply.

All I know is, that I was in his house and he changed his receiver from Astra 1 to Astra 2 and back again, and I WAS looking at the TV in English on his TV set on BOTH astra`s.

Now after I have posted the list for Astra 2, I will end my postings, because like you, I, 1 Do not want to get into a mud sling and 2. I REALLY dont care if everybody in the world says it is not possible, I just know what my eyes saw. Now I will agree that something might be happening (that I dont know about) that in some way makes this TV show those programs, but as much as you say that it is not possible ......I saw it.:Smile:

Thats fare enough, but your mate/friend is tuning channels on Satellites that do not exist. Perhaps if you pointed him to the links above he would understand that he is POINTING at [HI]Astra 1N / Astra 2A / Astra 2D / Astra 2F / Eutelsat 28A / Eutelsat 28B[/HI] [HI](28.2°E) - All transmissions UK Satellite[/HI] and NOT [HI]Astra 1KR/1L/1M/2C at 19.2°E[/HI] which is EU/Germany footprint.

I think a little "google work" is need by your friend....... Lets leave it at that.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
John,
On behalf of all those who have followed this thread and have benefitted from your obviously sound advice a big THANKYOU as it has ranged much further from my original thread which simply shared a personal experience of how I managed to receive TV programmes, when previously I was receiving none.

I have another question to ask. If I understand you correctly you seem to be saying when I was tuned to Astra 1 I should have been receiving some programmes even if they were in German. But when tuned to Astra 1 I was receiving no signal at all, only when I tuned to Astra 2 did I receive a signal.

I only mention this in case there is someone out there, like me, who is not receiving a signal at all!

I might also have caused confusion when I said I manually selected Astra 2, the word manual is confusing!
This is what I did.................... Raised the oyster satellite then on my white Oyster box selected "Menu" then using arrows scrolled through until I found "search manual" pressed OK and then scrolled through the listed satellites until I found Astra 2 then clicked "OK" As soon as I had done this I received TV channels via my SKY freeview box.

Realising there are many versions of the Oyster satellite system my tuning box is white with an LED display with a map of Europe; horizontal buttons starting with "On/off; menu, arrows and finishing with OK" then there are 3 vertical buttons aligned with three lines dividing Europe into north, central and southern.

I hope I am not muddying the water but this friendly thread has grown arms and legs and highlighted the problem of TV reception experienced by a lot of Funsters.

To share a concluding thought, had the system not been already fitted, and because I like things to work, I would never have gone to the bother of having TV in our mh, if I want TV I can stay at home and watch. The whole purpose of having a mh is to get away not to transfer a fixed home to a home on wheels.

Norman

Norman, I will start a new thread now about Satellite dishes and what can be found in the sky when you point the dish in the right direction. It would appear that many MH owners have a system that they do not understand because the installer FAILED to do a handover if the fitted system. This I know as whilst in the UK this year we attended 2 x "funister" meets and both times I had to show a MH owner how to use his system because he was TOLD that he could only get SKy UK and that the other satellites DO NOT have UK Audio!!! ( one as only fitted 7 days before the show ). Look for new post which I will try and answer if I can.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Thats fare enough, but your mate/friend is tuning channels on Satellites that do not exist. Perhaps if you pointed him to the links above he would understand that he is POINTING at [HI]Astra 1N / Astra 2A / Astra 2D / Astra 2F / Eutelsat 28A / Eutelsat 28B[/HI] [HI](28.2°E) - All transmissions UK Satellite[/HI] and NOT [HI]Astra 1KR/1L/1M/2C at 19.2°E[/HI] which is EU/Germany footprint.

I think a little "google work" is need by your friend....... Lets leave it at that.

Then we seem to have "Found" the answer, it is the receiver that is faulty, as it CLEARLY shows that the sat is ASTRA 1E,1F,1G . And it clearly shows those programs.

But I will tell him that although both Astra 1 and Astra 2 are showing different programs, they are in fact the same sat.

Glad we sorted that out

Cheers Mate:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back