TV bracket - how to fix it up? (1 Viewer)

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Hi all

I have just bought a Avtex Svenson SV9 double arm TV bracket.
I want to put it on the side of the wardrobe in my van.
Photo shows the same bracket in the same position I want, on the same van:

IMG_2702_zpsddnw9fcw.jpg

I am not sure how I need to mount it - I am thinking of using some bolts but not sure what what I need to put at the back to make it strong enough.

Would welcome any advise and any pictures of how others have mounted their brackets, what size bolts etc.

Thanks
Richard

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I put a full width piece of 12mm ply inside the wardrobe but because the wall is just two thin pieces of ply had to make metal spacers so the bolts did not crush the wall flat.

OP
OP
RichardB
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
The wall is a piece solid wood (well mdf or something similar) as I have already had to drill a hole in it for something else.
If i put a piece of 12mm ply behind where the bracket goes and bolt through would that do it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The wall is a piece solid wood (well mdf or something similar) as I have already had to drill a hole in it for something else.
If i put a piece of 12mm ply behind where the bracket goes and bolt through would that do it?

No idea now. My wall is solid only at the edges and a bit in the middle so I put a full width piece of ply across bridging the three bits of solid wood.

You are going to have to make you own mind up. You may have drilled through just where there was a batten inside, but I don't know. Weight is everything in a MH so really it should not be solid wood.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Some may say Worst ways up it would be Mdf so a couple of bolts and large washers should do !
Cautious ones would put an oversized plate inside the wardrobe to spread the load.
Others like myself would clamp it to the table whilst driving ( if the passengers want to watch it ) ,if it's not needed whilst travelling why drill holes in your pride and joy for no reason, ?

Vlad

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I was advised to use M6 bolts and large washers to put a bracket in a similar situation...

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We've just spent most of the day putting up a similar bracket, setting up the TV/DVD/free view/satellite. Different location and we were lucky as it was solid timber we were screwing in to.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I did a similar thing with the one in our camper as I wanted to put it on the outside of the washroom wall above the side of the bed (we always slob out on the bed when watching TV on an evening!). In my 'collection' of bits and bobs fortunately I had some large pieces of flat metal, about 3 inches square with holes through the middle (think of a square washer!) which were perfect to use as spreader plates on the rear and I then just bolted through them - tighten them well, but not so much as you cause your furniture to be squished/dented - even a solid MDF panel will squish a bit if you over-tighten.

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
Decide where you want it and drill holes suitable for the bolts you're going to use.
If its solid no probs just big washers at the back.
If it's hollow use spacers eg large nuts or copper tube between the front and back and a large piece of ply on the back

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Depends on the size/weight of your telly, I think. I just used 5 wood screws of the correct length, (3/4"). Never moved in nearly two years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back