Sixbows

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Overcab bed
Exp
Hello,
We have booked for a couple of weeks over xmas and new year and it says on website that there is a sat tv point on the pitches. I'm abit of a novice at all this and our motorhome doesn't have a tv, aerial or dish at the moment. Please can someone explain to me what I need to be able to use their satelite system.
Thanks in advance
Sally

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just a long lead really.. IF there is a tv point on the pitch ?
Should be able to plug straight in to it and tother end straight in to tv

Chances are, if there is a feed to the pitch then the office will have a lead to either borrow. hire of buy (y)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
you need to tell reception youi want the tv its inside the lecci hook up box but doubt you will get much on it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As a by the by,
we found a good deal of brit/yank programs coming off the local tv station.. Usually starts around 7pm'ish and is often on till past midnight !

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Stayed there last winter and hooked long cable directly to TV. Tune tv using anolouge search and you will get several English channels BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Euro-sport I think. Walk 400 yards to the top of the hill past the hospital and you will get all the English (and European ) football, live. And some great free nightly entertainment and cheap booze.......foods good to. (You can get English football in the bar when it does'nt clash with Spanish football. The bar man and his family/friends hog the table in front of the screen and you've no chance of getting him to change the channel. (Great Sunday lunch there by the way).

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Technically.... It's not a satellite connection but a distributed signal...
They have the satellite dish and receivers tuned in to certain popular channels, this is then sent down the cable, you connect and tune your TV.

All you need is a TV... HOWEVER.. You need one that can tune the old analogue signals... If you buy a brand new set, some only do digital..
This is from a man who knows... :)
On other, newer sites they use a Digital distribution and so on those you use the Digital tuning section...

A long Tv cable is all that's needed, there are several "Chinese" shops in Benidorm where you can buy them quite cheap.. Or buy a length of regular 70ohm brown TV here in UK and take that with you.

OP
OP
S

Sixbows

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Overcab bed
Exp
Thanks everyone, hoping not to watch too much tv but it's nice to have the option.
Sally

MickyP

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 601
Exp
12 years plus
Managed a whole month over Xmas new year last year in Morocco with no TV? managed to get Downton Abbey on Computer Xmas day to keep the peace? Hopefully will find much to do in or near Villasol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back